help please.

I m connected to my computer as an ordinary user, however i can log off and
connect to my computer as an administrator. Just want to know if there is any
way while i'm connected to my computer as an ordinary user, can i also log in
as an administrator aswell - have two screen open. I tried using remote
desktop but it won't allow you use the same console. You are probably asking
why would i want this but it is basically to run an application as adm that i
can't run as an ordinary user. I tried putting a shortcut to my desktop of
the application and clicking Run As but nothing happens ?

Thanks.
2 answers Last reply
More about help please

    DMoran wrote:
    > I m connected to my computer as an ordinary user, however i can log
    > off and connect to my computer as an administrator. Just want to know
    > if there is any way while i'm connected to my computer as an ordinary
    > user, can i also log in as an administrator aswell - have two screen
    > open. I tried using remote desktop but it won't allow you use the
    > same console. You are probably asking why would i want this but it is
    > basically to run an application as adm that i can't run as an
    > ordinary user. I tried putting a shortcut to my desktop of the
    > application and clicking Run As but nothing happens ?

    Tried running the actual executables with RunAs?

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP

    Right click on the executable and select Run As
    "DMoran" <DMoran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I m connected to my computer as an ordinary user, however i can log off and
    > connect to my computer as an administrator. Just want to know if there is
    > any
    > way while i'm connected to my computer as an ordinary user, can i also log
    > in
    > as an administrator aswell - have two screen open. I tried using remote
    > desktop but it won't allow you use the same console. You are probably
    > asking
    > why would i want this but it is basically to run an application as adm
    > that i
    > can't run as an ordinary user. I tried putting a shortcut to my desktop of
    > the application and clicking Run As but nothing happens ?
    >
    > Thanks.

Computers Windows XP