Access denied over wireless network

I have XP SP2 on two machines with Belkins wireless router on one and
Belkins PCI wireless card in the other. They can ping each other and both can
access Internet. No problems until recently.

Now, computer w/ PCI card can read and use files on router machine but not
vice versa. Router machine sees PCI machine but "Access denied" when I try to
open shared files.

Any ideas?
Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about access denied wireless network

    Are you logged on on both machines with same User id / password? or change
    the security / access rights of the share to allow the user ID you are
    accessing with.
    Halexi

    "rvbass" wrote:

    > I have XP SP2 on two machines with Belkins wireless router on one and
    > Belkins PCI wireless card in the other. They can ping each other and both can
    > access Internet. No problems until recently.
    >
    > Now, computer w/ PCI card can read and use files on router machine but not
    > vice versa. Router machine sees PCI machine but "Access denied" when I try to
    > open shared files.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    > Thanks

    Yes, I am logged into both systems as the same user with administrator
    rights. Still doesn't work.

    rvbass wrote:

    > Yes, I am logged into both systems as the same user with administrator
    > rights. Still doesn't work.
    >
    > "Halexi" wrote:
    >
    >> Are you logged on on both machines with same User id / password? or
    >> change the security / access rights of the share to allow the user ID
    >> you are accessing with.
    >> Halexi
    >>
    >> "rvbass" wrote:
    >>
    >> > I have XP SP2 on two machines with Belkins wireless router on one
    >> > and Belkins PCI wireless card in the other. They can ping each
    >> > other and both can access Internet. No problems until recently.
    >> >
    >> > Now, computer w/ PCI card can read and use files on router machine
    >> > but not vice versa. Router machine sees PCI machine but "Access
    >> > denied" when I try to open shared files.
    >> >
    >> > Any ideas?
    >> > Thanks

    Two things:

    1. You say this happened recently. Can you figure out what changed?
    2. Check your firewall settings and make sure the lan IP range is in
    there as Trusted.

    Malke
    --
    MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
    Elephant Boy Computers

Wireless Wireless Network PCI Wireless Networking