Access denied over wireless network

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
November 10, 2004 5:04:02 PM

I have XP SP2 on two machines with Belkins wireless router on one and
Belkins PCI wireless card in the other. They can ping each other and both can
access Internet. No problems until recently.

Now, computer w/ PCI card can read and use files on router machine but not
vice versa. Router machine sees PCI machine but "Access denied" when I try to
open shared files.

Any ideas?
Thanks
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
November 12, 2004 6:37:02 PM

Are you logged on on both machines with same User id / password? or change
the security / access rights of the share to allow the user ID you are
accessing with.
Halexi

"rvbass" wrote:

> I have XP SP2 on two machines with Belkins wireless router on one and
> Belkins PCI wireless card in the other. They can ping each other and both can
> access Internet. No problems until recently.
>
> Now, computer w/ PCI card can read and use files on router machine but not
> vice versa. Router machine sees PCI machine but "Access denied" when I try to
> open shared files.
>
> Any ideas?
> Thanks
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
November 12, 2004 10:24:01 PM

Yes, I am logged into both systems as the same user with administrator
rights. Still doesn't work.

"Halexi" wrote:

> Are you logged on on both machines with same User id / password? or change
> the security / access rights of the share to allow the user ID you are
> accessing with.
> Halexi
>
> "rvbass" wrote:
>
> > I have XP SP2 on two machines with Belkins wireless router on one and
> > Belkins PCI wireless card in the other. They can ping each other and both can
> > access Internet. No problems until recently.
> >
> > Now, computer w/ PCI card can read and use files on router machine but not
> > vice versa. Router machine sees PCI machine but "Access denied" when I try to
> > open shared files.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> > Thanks
November 13, 2004 9:46:04 AM

rvbass wrote:

> Yes, I am logged into both systems as the same user with administrator
> rights. Still doesn't work.
>
> "Halexi" wrote:
>
>> Are you logged on on both machines with same User id / password? or
>> change the security / access rights of the share to allow the user ID
>> you are accessing with.
>> Halexi
>>
>> "rvbass" wrote:
>>
>> > I have XP SP2 on two machines with Belkins wireless router on one
>> > and Belkins PCI wireless card in the other. They can ping each
>> > other and both can access Internet. No problems until recently.
>> >
>> > Now, computer w/ PCI card can read and use files on router machine
>> > but not vice versa. Router machine sees PCI machine but "Access
>> > denied" when I try to open shared files.
>> >
>> > Any ideas?
>> > Thanks

Two things:

1. You say this happened recently. Can you figure out what changed?
2. Check your firewall settings and make sure the lan IP range is in
there as Trusted.

Malke
--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User