copying game cd's

I have several games, purchased, that require that a CD be in the PC to
run the game. I have grand children who play these games, as do I, who
are kind of rough on the CD's. I would like to make copies but have been
frustrated in doing so. I used CDPD to determine the type of protection,
it says no protection but it is Overburn. I am using Alcohol 120% to
copy, have tried both Copy and Image options. Both seem to copy the CD
with no problems but the copy will not allow the game to be played. I
noticed that there are a lot of options in Alcohol but haven't a clue of
what to select. Can anyone help?

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 07:58:21 -0700, Wlengel <billandmary2@cox.net>
wrote:

>I have several games, purchased, that require that a CD be in the PC to
>run the game. I have grand children who play these games, as do I, who
>are kind of rough on the CD's. I would like to make copies but have been
>frustrated in doing so. I used CDPD to determine the type of protection,
>it says no protection but it is Overburn. I am using Alcohol 120% to
>copy, have tried both Copy and Image options. Both seem to copy the CD
>with no problems but the copy will not allow the game to be played. I
>noticed that there are a lot of options in Alcohol but haven't a clue of
>what to select. Can anyone help

get a "no cd" patch
http://www.gamecopyworld.com/

..\Can not find any for these games, Battlefield 1942 and Battlefront
Star wars. Any one else got a idea?