Projector colour loss problem

Hi; I wonder if anyone can help me here - I'm in a band and we're using
videos as a backdrop, and so I'm going to buy a projector. Now, both
times we've used hired projectors before, the image came out almost
monochrome for some reason. The last time, it was all just kind of a
yellowish green. I assume this is just a fault of the projector? When
I'm buying my own projector, is there anything I should be looking for
that would minimise the chance of having this loss-of-colour problem?

The images themselves are on DVD, we're using a DVD player plugged into
the projector via a phono cable, and it works fine if put into a TV
(via a SCART cable)- all the colour is there.

Thanks for anyone who can advise me here.

Cheers
John

check your projector on a white screen under dim room lighting.

It may be being washed out by the other stage lights or very bright
room lighting.

If you are doing rear projection are you using the proper screen ?

<marks542004@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> check your projector on a white screen under dim room lighting.
>
> It may be being washed out by the other stage lights or very bright
> room lighting.

Bingo.

This requires a special set-up. For advice, what country are you in?

PS

You need the set up for rear projection from behind the screen.