Remote Desktop Web Connection-Local Disk Access

June 15, 2005 9:55:03 AM

Can I acces local client disk drives during a Remote Desktop Web connection
and, if so, HOW? I run a WinXP client to access a Win 2003 Terminal Server
through a Remote Desktop Web connection. I know this is possible through
native Remote Dektop but can it be done over TSWeb?
Anonymous
June 15, 2005 12:11:34 PM

To access remote drives through redirection while using the Remote Desktop Web based access method
you need to modify the C:\Windows\web\tsweb\default.h­tm file on the remote PC, ie. the PC running
IIS. Look for the line...

MsRdpClient.AdvancedSettings2.­RedirectDrives = FALSE

and change it to...

MsRdpClient.AdvancedSettings2.­RedirectDrives = TRUE

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"FafTech" <FafTech@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can I acces local client disk drives during a Remote Desktop Web connection
> and, if so, HOW? I run a WinXP client to access a Win 2003 Terminal Server
> through a Remote Desktop Web connection. I know this is possible through
> native Remote Dektop but can it be done over TSWeb?
August 20, 2005 5:59:01 PM

Al

Massively useful - thanks I've been sweating over this for some little time!
--
David Bissell

!