Remote Desktop Web Connection-Local Disk Access

Can I acces local client disk drives during a Remote Desktop Web connection
and, if so, HOW? I run a WinXP client to access a Win 2003 Terminal Server
through a Remote Desktop Web connection. I know this is possible through
native Remote Dektop but can it be done over TSWeb?
2 answers Last reply
More about remote desktop connection local disk access

    To access remote drives through redirection while using the Remote Desktop Web based access method
    you need to modify the C:\Windows\web\tsweb\default.h­tm file on the remote PC, ie. the PC running
    IIS. Look for the line...

    MsRdpClient.AdvancedSettings2.­RedirectDrives = FALSE

    and change it to...

    MsRdpClient.AdvancedSettings2.­RedirectDrives = TRUE

    --

    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    "FafTech" <FafTech@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Can I acces local client disk drives during a Remote Desktop Web connection
    > and, if so, HOW? I run a WinXP client to access a Win 2003 Terminal Server
    > through a Remote Desktop Web connection. I know this is possible through
    > native Remote Dektop but can it be done over TSWeb?

    Al

    Massively useful - thanks I've been sweating over this for some little time!
    --
    David Bissell

    "Sooner Al [MVP]" wrote:

    > To access remote drives through redirection while using the Remote Desktop Web based access method
    > you need to modify the C:\Windows\web\tsweb\default.h­tm file on the remote PC, ie. the PC running
    > IIS. Look for the line...
    >
    > MsRdpClient.AdvancedSettings2.­RedirectDrives = FALSE
    >

    > and change it to...
    >

    > MsRdpClient.AdvancedSettings2.­RedirectDrives = TRUE
    >

    > --
    >
    > Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    > "FafTech" <FafTech@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Can I acces local client disk drives during a Remote Desktop Web connection
    > > and, if so, HOW? I run a WinXP client to access a Win 2003 Terminal Server
    > > through a Remote Desktop Web connection. I know this is possible through
    > > native Remote Dektop but can it be done over TSWeb?

Remote Desktop Connection Microsoft Terminal Server Windows XP