I want to make a MPG smaller in size (15mb to 8mb). What are some
programs that will do this?

<utseay@aol.com> wrote in message
>I want to make a MPG smaller in size (15mb to 8mb). What are some
> programs that will do this?

Any good MPEG encoder. It would be better, if you have
the original source material in a less than MPEG compression,
to make a new .mpg using different settings.

In any case to do the amount of change you describe you
should consider cutting the image size in half. If your MPG
is 720x480 you should use 352x480. ( Or the PAL
equivalents) Then you can use a lower bitrate to achieve the
file size you are looking for, with less impact on the video's
overall quality.

Luck;
Ken