Can’t Remote Connect XP PRO SP1 - Please Help

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

I recently had to re-install my OS (XP Pro SP1), and now for some
reason I cannot Remote Connect with Remote Desktop. When I attempt to
connect I get to the login screen, enter name and password and get a
dialog box saying

"The System could not log you on. The server authenticating you
reported an error (0xC00000BB)

I have googled that event code and the only thing that I could find at
all was referencing a Smart Card and SP2 (of which I am using neither)

In the Event Log, there is an error for the TermDD process:

"The RDP protocol component X.224 detected an error in the protocol
stream and has disconnected the client."

I have been trying to find information and help resolving this issue
for over a week now with no luck. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Thank you.


--
Posted using the http://www.windowsforumz.com interface, at author's request
Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet standards
Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Work-Remotely-Remote-Connect-XP-PRO-SP1-Help-ftopict546169.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1725747
7 answers Last reply
More about remote connect help
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

    "kbeaudry" wrote:
    > I recently had to re-install my OS (XP Pro SP1), and now for
    > some reason I cannot Remote Connect with Remote Desktop. When
    > I attempt to connect I get to the login screen, enter name and
    > password and get a dialog box saying
    >
    > "The System could not log you on. The server authenticating
    > you reported an error (0xC00000BB)
    >
    > I have googled that event code and the only thing that I could
    > find at all was referencing a Smart Card and SP2 (of which I
    > am using neither)
    >
    > In the Event Log, there is an error for the TermDD process:
    >
    > "The RDP protocol component X.224 detected an error in the
    > protocol stream and has disconnected the client."
    >
    > I have been trying to find information and help resolving this
    > issue for over a week now with no luck. Any help would be
    > greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Thank you.
    >

    Have you come up with anything? I started having the same problems.
    All I can do is reboot and it works for a little while, then comes up
    with the same problem. I have tried everything as well.
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

    "cwatson81" wrote:
    > Have you come up with anything? I started having the same
    > problems. All I can do is reboot and it works for a little
    > while, then comes up with the same problem. I have tried
    > everything as well.

    Hello!

    I am having exactly the same problem.

    When I reboot my server, it works fine for a little while and then
    comes up with the same problem. Can’t use remote desktop and can’t
    access the shared folders.

    As you know, it is very important to know what you have changed on
    your system that triggered that behaviour and the funny part is
    that...I HAVE NOT CHANGED ANYTHING! As long as I remember, I have only
    update WinXP SP2 on windowsupdate, and that was on the client.

    Don’t you think it is strange ALL of us having the same problem at the
    same time frame? Don’t you think it’s strange the lag between the
    rebooting of the PC and the problem arising?

    Let’s try to help each others out!

    Thanks,

    Klaus
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

    "kbeaudry" wrote:
    > I recently had to re-install my OS (XP Pro SP1), and now for
    > some reason I cannot Remote Connect with Remote Desktop. When
    > I attempt to connect I get to the login screen, enter name and
    > password and get a dialog box saying
    >
    > "The System could not log you on. The server authenticating
    > you reported an error (0xC00000BB)
    >
    > I have googled that event code and the only thing that I could
    > find at all was referencing a Smart Card and SP2 (of which I
    > am using neither)
    >
    > In the Event Log, there is an error for the TermDD process:
    >
    > "The RDP protocol component X.224 detected an error in the
    > protocol stream and has disconnected the client."
    >
    > I have been trying to find information and help resolving this
    > issue for over a week now with no luck. Any help would be
    > greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Thank you.
    >

    I am running IIS services for HTTP and FTP. Are you guys?
  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

    "cwatson81" wrote:
    > I am running IIS services for HTTP and FTP. Are you guys?

    I am running IIS, but not FTP on mine......and I still have the same
    problem. I am hoping that someone can come up with something soon for
    this
  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

    "kbeaudry" wrote:
    > I am running IIS, but not FTP on mine......and I still have
    > the same problem. I am hoping that someone can come up with
    > something soon for this

    I ran the windows update to SP2 and a few of the security fixes. I
    have not had the same problem anymore. Try that and let me know how
    it works out.
  6. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

    "cwatson81" wrote:
    > I ran the windows update to SP2 and a few of the security
    > fixes. I have not had the same problem anymore. Try that and
    > let me know how it works out.

    Worked for me also (all win updates)
    Thanks all!
  7. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

    Just did a system restore. It works now.
Ask a new question

Read More

Connection Windows XP