VirtualDub capture filters

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003
Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop,rec.video (More info?)

Hello:

I am currently capturing video using VirtualDub 1.6.9 and a Plextor
ConvertX M402U. I am capturing at 320x240 using the Microsoft Mpeg4
codec, and would like to use the "sharpen" filter while capturing the
video. However when I add the filter and try the capture again, it
doesn't seem to be applying the filter. I made sure "Enable RGB
filtering" is checked in the Video menu. Can anybody tell me what I may
be doing wrong??

I have looked around but can't seem to find the solution to why the
filters aren't taking effect while capturing.

Thank you very much.

--
Chris

Ritz

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2004

chris@groupinfo.com wrote:
> Hello:
>
> I am currently capturing video using VirtualDub 1.6.9 and a Plextor
> ConvertX M402U. I am capturing at 320x240 using the Microsoft Mpeg4
> codec, and would like to use the "sharpen" filter while capturing the
> video. However when I add the filter and try the capture again, it
> doesn't seem to be applying the filter. I made sure "Enable RGB
> filtering" is checked in the Video menu. Can anybody tell me what I may
> be doing wrong??
>
> I have looked around but can't seem to find the solution to why the
> filters aren't taking effect while capturing.

Do you get the same results with 1.6.10? Or with the older 1.5.X
versions? The last few iterations of the bleeding edge version have all
introduced various bugs, though I don't recall this being one of them.

Cheers,