XP Pro or XP Home: Is there a difference?

June 17, 2005 5:15:05 PM

I'd like to set up a remote connection to my computer which has XP Home
Edition. What I have read about working remotely talks about XP Pro. Am I
able to do this on a computer with XP Home. This computer will be the one
doing the accessing. In other words, I will be using this PC to connect to
another one.
Thank you.

More about : pro home difference

Anonymous
June 17, 2005 7:24:35 PM

XP Home can *NOT* act as a Remote Desktop host. If you want to access/control a XP Home machine look
at using VNC (any flavor). Personally I use and recommend UltraVNC. Get the server, client and
encryption plug-in from...

http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net/

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)