XP Pro or XP Home: Is there a difference?

I'd like to set up a remote connection to my computer which has XP Home
Edition. What I have read about working remotely talks about XP Pro. Am I
able to do this on a computer with XP Home. This computer will be the one
doing the accessing. In other words, I will be using this PC to connect to
another one.
Thank you.
1 answer Last reply
More about home difference

    XP Home can *NOT* act as a Remote Desktop host. If you want to access/control a XP Home machine look
    at using VNC (any flavor). Personally I use and recommend UltraVNC. Get the server, client and
    encryption plug-in from...

    http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net/

    --

    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    "jjisles" <jjisles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I'd like to set up a remote connection to my computer which has XP Home
    > Edition. What I have read about working remotely talks about XP Pro. Am I
    > able to do this on a computer with XP Home. This computer will be the one
    > doing the accessing. In other words, I will be using this PC to connect to
    > another one.
    > Thank you.

Connection Computers Windows XP