Remote Assistance w/out user Accepting Connection

With support to users desktops, it's sometimes necessary to log on
interactivley. And when they are not at their desks.

Is there a way to logon with RA without prompting the user to accept the
connection?

Not that I know of...

Have you looked at using Remote Desktop in those situations?

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"jtsm" <jtsm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> With support to users desktops, it's sometimes necessary to log on
> interactivley. And when they are not at their desks.
>
> Is there a way to logon with RA without prompting the user to accept the
> connection?

We have tried this, but the session needs to be fully interactive.

I'm aware of 3rd partty apps that will do this, but was hoping to stay with
the integrated MS features...

"Sooner Al [MVP]" wrote:

> Not that I know of...
>
> Have you looked at using Remote Desktop in those situations?
>
> --
>
> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

> "jtsm" <jtsm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > With support to users desktops, it's sometimes necessary to log on
> > interactivley. And when they are not at their desks.
> >
> > Is there a way to logon with RA without prompting the user to accept the
> > connection?

pavel

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2003

Maybe I am missing something here but if your reasoning is that this is to
be interactive but with the user away from their desk then what part of it
is interactive? Remote Desktop should work since the only difference will be
that the user, when he comes back to his desk will only have to log back in
and will get his screen back just the way you left it.

--
Pavel