Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

ulead dvd workshop and procoder

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
Anonymous
August 15, 2005 8:38:49 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

Using Procoder, I converted an avi file to mpeg 2 and ended up with
two files. It split the audio and video to give me a .m2a file and a
..m2v file.

DVD workshop will recognize the m2v file but not the audio. Should I
convert the audio (How and to what format?) or should I change the
Procoder target settings to keep audio and video as one file? I'm not
sure of the what settings these would be.

I'm trying to get procoder to give me great mpeg's from my avi file
and I'd like to use workshop to create the dvd menus.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
TIA
August 15, 2005 8:52:34 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

Registered User wrote:
> Using Procoder, I converted an avi file to mpeg 2 and ended up with
> two files. It split the audio and video to give me a .m2a file and a
> .m2v file.
>
> DVD workshop will recognize the m2v file but not the audio. Should I
> convert the audio (How and to what format?) or should I change the
> Procoder target settings to keep audio and video as one file? I'm not
> sure of the what settings these would be.
>
> I'm trying to get procoder to give me great mpeg's from my avi file
> and I'd like to use workshop to create the dvd menus.
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated.
> TIA

You may have luck by simply renaiming that M2a file as an mpg file. From
what I read its just mpg1 audio format with a non common extension.

If you can, render out your audio in AC3 format. This depends on whether
procoder is set to do this, or whether you need a plug in. Otherwise,
you can set the sound to PCM Wav format as a fallback.
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 11:15:25 AM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 16:38:49 -0400, Registered User <not@today.com>
wrote:

>Using Procoder, I converted an avi file to mpeg 2 and ended up with
>two files. It split the audio and video to give me a .m2a file and a
>.m2v file.
>
>DVD workshop will recognize the m2v file but not the audio. Should I
>convert the audio (How and to what format?) or should I change the
>Procoder target settings to keep audio and video as one file? I'm not
>sure of the what settings these would be.

I think if you just changer the extension to .mp2, it should import
just fine. Ulead can definitely handle normal Mpeg audio files.


-----------------------------------------------------
Neil Nadelman arvy@navzr-genafyngbe.pbz (ROT13)
-----------------------------------------------------
I have no fears in life,
for I have already survived Theta-G!
Related resources
Anonymous
August 17, 2005 6:00:19 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

Thanks - I may try these suggesions later. For now, I configured
Procoder to spit out a wav file.

>
>I think if you just changer the extension to .mp2, it should import
>just fine. Ulead can definitely handle normal Mpeg audio files.
>
>
>-----------------------------------------------------
>Neil Nadelman arvy@navzr-genafyngbe.pbz (ROT13)
>-----------------------------------------------------
> I have no fears in life,
> for I have already survived Theta-G!
Anonymous
August 19, 2005 3:07:24 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

Hi
A friend of mine has Procoder and DVD workshop, which I have used with great
results.
DVDWS 2. The audio and video need to be imported separatly. First import the
mpeg file. (Edit tab at the top) Below that there are three tabs Video Audio
and subtitle. Select the "audio" tab and click the "add audio" button and
you should see the wav or mpeg audio files.for importing.
Procoder You can set Procoder up to encode video and audio together. Load
source. click "Target" and "add" choose DVD. On the right hand side are the
"target parameters" Go down to Stream-basic and select "Mpeg-2 Program
Stream." in the "Stream Type" box.. You should end up with one file after
encoding. I use the first method.
Hope this helps.
Peter

"Registered User" <not@today.com> wrote in message
news:fru1g1pa2eev84do6og9ggg87o3jrg9s6o@4ax.com...
> Using Procoder, I converted an avi file to mpeg 2 and ended up with
> two files. It split the audio and video to give me a .m2a file and a
> .m2v file.
>
> DVD workshop will recognize the m2v file but not the audio. Should I
> convert the audio (How and to what format?) or should I change the
> Procoder target settings to keep audio and video as one file? I'm not
> sure of the what settings these would be.
>
> I'm trying to get procoder to give me great mpeg's from my avi file
> and I'd like to use workshop to create the dvd menus.
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated.
> TIA
Anonymous
August 19, 2005 3:07:25 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

Thanks Peter - I am now using the first method as well. I am going to
try to convert my wav audio to AC3 before importing to workshop. I'm
curious to see if there is a difference in sound quality and just how
much smaller the AC3 file will be.

PS - I have read where people complain aabout Ulead products. From my
experience with VideoStudio 8 & 9 and DVD Workshop 2, they both work
very well (the Workshop Help section is poor). You just need to have a
decent computer to do any video editing. You also need a separate HD
and to do the proper preparation to the system.


>Hi
>A friend of mine has Procoder and DVD workshop, which I have used with great
>results.
>DVDWS 2. The audio and video need to be imported separatly. First import the
>mpeg file. (Edit tab at the top) Below that there are three tabs Video Audio
>and subtitle. Select the "audio" tab and click the "add audio" button and
>you should see the wav or mpeg audio files.for importing.
>Procoder You can set Procoder up to encode video and audio together. Load
>source. click "Target" and "add" choose DVD. On the right hand side are the
>"target parameters" Go down to Stream-basic and select "Mpeg-2 Program
>Stream." in the "Stream Type" box.. You should end up with one file after
>encoding. I use the first method.
>Hope this helps.
>Peter

>
Anonymous
August 22, 2005 3:37:41 PM

Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?)

You Can Convert the audio file to AC3 within DVD Workshop.

"Registered User" <not@today.com> wrote in message
news:h07ag1170aop1vctd6d09d0fdo98qlac6t@4ax.com...
> Thanks Peter - I am now using the first method as well. I am going to
> try to convert my wav audio to AC3 before importing to workshop. I'm
> curious to see if there is a difference in sound quality and just how
> much smaller the AC3 file will be.
>
> PS - I have read where people complain aabout Ulead products. From my
> experience with VideoStudio 8 & 9 and DVD Workshop 2, they both work
> very well (the Workshop Help section is poor). You just need to have a
> decent computer to do any video editing. You also need a separate HD
> and to do the proper preparation to the system.
>
>
>>Hi
>>A friend of mine has Procoder and DVD workshop, which I have used with
>>great
>>results.
>>DVDWS 2. The audio and video need to be imported separatly. First import
>>the
>>mpeg file. (Edit tab at the top) Below that there are three tabs Video
>>Audio
>>and subtitle. Select the "audio" tab and click the "add audio" button and
>>you should see the wav or mpeg audio files.for importing.
>>Procoder You can set Procoder up to encode video and audio together. Load
>>source. click "Target" and "add" choose DVD. On the right hand side are
>>the
>>"target parameters" Go down to Stream-basic and select "Mpeg-2 Program
>>Stream." in the "Stream Type" box.. You should end up with one file after
>>encoding. I use the first method.
>>Hope this helps.
>>Peter
>
>>
>
!