ulead dvd workshop and procoder

Using Procoder, I converted an avi file to mpeg 2 and ended up with
two files. It split the audio and video to give me a .m2a file and a
..m2v file.

DVD workshop will recognize the m2v file but not the audio. Should I
convert the audio (How and to what format?) or should I change the
Procoder target settings to keep audio and video as one file? I'm not
sure of the what settings these would be.

I'm trying to get procoder to give me great mpeg's from my avi file
and I'd like to use workshop to create the dvd menus.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
TIA
6 answers Last reply
More about ulead workshop procoder

    Registered User wrote:
    > Using Procoder, I converted an avi file to mpeg 2 and ended up with
    > two files. It split the audio and video to give me a .m2a file and a
    > .m2v file.
    >
    > DVD workshop will recognize the m2v file but not the audio. Should I
    > convert the audio (How and to what format?) or should I change the
    > Procoder target settings to keep audio and video as one file? I'm not
    > sure of the what settings these would be.
    >
    > I'm trying to get procoder to give me great mpeg's from my avi file
    > and I'd like to use workshop to create the dvd menus.
    >
    > Any help is greatly appreciated.
    > TIA

    You may have luck by simply renaiming that M2a file as an mpg file. From
    what I read its just mpg1 audio format with a non common extension.

    If you can, render out your audio in AC3 format. This depends on whether
    procoder is set to do this, or whether you need a plug in. Otherwise,
    you can set the sound to PCM Wav format as a fallback.

    On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 16:38:49 -0400, Registered User <not@today.com>
    wrote:

    >Using Procoder, I converted an avi file to mpeg 2 and ended up with
    >two files. It split the audio and video to give me a .m2a file and a
    >.m2v file.
    >
    >DVD workshop will recognize the m2v file but not the audio. Should I
    >convert the audio (How and to what format?) or should I change the
    >Procoder target settings to keep audio and video as one file? I'm not
    >sure of the what settings these would be.

    I think if you just changer the extension to .mp2, it should import
    just fine. Ulead can definitely handle normal Mpeg audio files.

    Neil Nadelman arvy@navzr-genafyngbe.pbz (ROT13)
    I have no fears in life,
    for I have already survived Theta-G!

    Thanks - I may try these suggesions later. For now, I configured
    Procoder to spit out a wav file.

    >I think if you just changer the extension to .mp2, it should import
    >just fine. Ulead can definitely handle normal Mpeg audio files.

    >Neil Nadelman arvy@navzr-genafyngbe.pbz (ROT13)
    > I have no fears in life,
    > for I have already survived Theta-G!

    Hi
    A friend of mine has Procoder and DVD workshop, which I have used with great
    results.
    DVDWS 2. The audio and video need to be imported separatly. First import the
    mpeg file. (Edit tab at the top) Below that there are three tabs Video Audio
    and subtitle. Select the "audio" tab and click the "add audio" button and
    you should see the wav or mpeg audio files.for importing.
    Procoder You can set Procoder up to encode video and audio together. Load
    source. click "Target" and "add" choose DVD. On the right hand side are the
    "target parameters" Go down to Stream-basic and select "Mpeg-2 Program
    Stream." in the "Stream Type" box.. You should end up with one file after
    encoding. I use the first method.
    Hope this helps.
    Peter

    "Registered User" <not@today.com> wrote in message
    > Using Procoder, I converted an avi file to mpeg 2 and ended up with
    > two files. It split the audio and video to give me a .m2a file and a
    > .m2v file.
    >
    > DVD workshop will recognize the m2v file but not the audio. Should I
    > convert the audio (How and to what format?) or should I change the
    > Procoder target settings to keep audio and video as one file? I'm not
    > sure of the what settings these would be.
    >
    > I'm trying to get procoder to give me great mpeg's from my avi file
    > and I'd like to use workshop to create the dvd menus.
    >
    > Any help is greatly appreciated.
    > TIA

    Thanks Peter - I am now using the first method as well. I am going to
    try to convert my wav audio to AC3 before importing to workshop. I'm
    curious to see if there is a difference in sound quality and just how
    much smaller the AC3 file will be.

    PS - I have read where people complain aabout Ulead products. From my
    experience with VideoStudio 8 & 9 and DVD Workshop 2, they both work
    very well (the Workshop Help section is poor). You just need to have a
    decent computer to do any video editing. You also need a separate HD
    and to do the proper preparation to the system.

    >Hi
    >A friend of mine has Procoder and DVD workshop, which I have used with great
    >results.
    >DVDWS 2. The audio and video need to be imported separatly. First import the
    >mpeg file. (Edit tab at the top) Below that there are three tabs Video Audio
    >and subtitle. Select the "audio" tab and click the "add audio" button and
    >you should see the wav or mpeg audio files.for importing.
    >Procoder You can set Procoder up to encode video and audio together. Load
    >source. click "Target" and "add" choose DVD. On the right hand side are the
    >"target parameters" Go down to Stream-basic and select "Mpeg-2 Program
    >Stream." in the "Stream Type" box.. You should end up with one file after
    >encoding. I use the first method.
    >Hope this helps.
    >Peter

    You Can Convert the audio file to AC3 within DVD Workshop.

    > Thanks Peter - I am now using the first method as well. I am going to
    > try to convert my wav audio to AC3 before importing to workshop. I'm
    > curious to see if there is a difference in sound quality and just how
    > much smaller the AC3 file will be.
    >
    > PS - I have read where people complain aabout Ulead products. From my
    > experience with VideoStudio 8 & 9 and DVD Workshop 2, they both work
    > very well (the Workshop Help section is poor). You just need to have a
    > decent computer to do any video editing. You also need a separate HD
    > and to do the proper preparation to the system.
    >

    >>Hi
    >>A friend of mine has Procoder and DVD workshop, which I have used with
    >>great
    >>results.
    >>DVDWS 2. The audio and video need to be imported separatly. First import
    >>the
    >>mpeg file. (Edit tab at the top) Below that there are three tabs Video
    >>Audio
    >>and subtitle. Select the "audio" tab and click the "add audio" button and
    >>you should see the wav or mpeg audio files.for importing.
    >>Procoder You can set Procoder up to encode video and audio together. Load
    >>source. click "Target" and "add" choose DVD. On the right hand side are
    >>the
    >>"target parameters" Go down to Stream-basic and select "Mpeg-2 Program
    >>Stream." in the "Stream Type" box.. You should end up with one file after
    >>encoding. I use the first method.
    >>Hope this helps.
    >>Peter

Tuner Cards DVD Audio Video Graphics