Batch Encode DV-Avi -> f.e. mpeg

Hello NG,

i'm looking for a smart batch encode tool that converts thousands of
small dv-avi files to mpeg, wmv, anything that has less size than the
original

I wan't to apply the same settings for all files. Command line tool
would be o.k. to.

Any ideas

Thanks Yvonne

tmpgenc
cleaner
blaze mediaconvert
ffmpeg
etc.
will all do this.

Yvonne.Lebhardt wrote ...
> i'm looking for a smart batch encode tool that converts thousands of
> small dv-avi files to mpeg, wmv, anything that has less size than the
> original
>
> I wan't to apply the same settings for all files. Command line tool
> would be o.k. to.

For WMV using Windows Media Encoder.
"Can I convert a bunch of video files at the same time?"
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/knowledgecenter/mediaadvice/0065.aspx#8708

Discovered using Google.
I'd bet you could find a similar solution for MPEG.

AnthonyR

<Yvonne.Lebhardt@habmalnefrage.de> wrote in message
> Hello NG,
>
> i'm looking for a smart batch encode tool that converts thousands of
> small dv-avi files to mpeg, wmv, anything that has less size than the
> original
>
> I wan't to apply the same settings for all files. Command line tool
> would be o.k. to.
>
> Any ideas
>
> Thanks Yvonne

OT ...Can anyone tell me why the two replies, one from David Cien and one
from Richard Crowley come up as "message is no longer available on server"?
The reason I ask is cause today I noticed many replies I was interested in
reading had this problem. Usually I see this on old messages that have been
removed but today it's random and all on todays' replies.
Can anyone tell me what would cause this?

Just plain ol' server error?

Thanks,
AnthonyR.

"AnthonyR" <nomail@nospam.com> wrote in message

> <Yvonne.Lebhardt@habmalnefrage.de> wrote in message
>> Hello NG,
>>
>> i'm looking for a smart batch encode tool that converts thousands of
>> small dv-avi files to mpeg, wmv, anything that has less size than the
>> original
>>
>> I wan't to apply the same settings for all files. Command line tool
>> would be o.k. to.
>>
>> Any ideas
>>
>> Thanks Yvonne
>>

> OT ...Can anyone tell me why the two replies, one from David Cien and
> one from Richard Crowley come up as "message is no longer available on
> server"?
> The reason I ask is cause today I noticed many replies I was
> interested in reading had this problem. Usually I see this on old
> messages that have been removed but today it's random and all on
> todays' replies.
> Can anyone tell me what would cause this?
>
> Just plain ol' server error?
>
> Thanks,
> AnthonyR.

"AnthonyR" wrote ..
> OT ...Can anyone tell me why the two replies, one
> from David Cien and one from Richard Crowley
> come up as "message is no longer available on
> server"?
> The reason I ask is cause today I noticed many replies
> I was interested in reading had this problem. Usually
> I see this on old messages that have been removed but
> today it's random and all on todays' replies.
> Can anyone tell me what would cause this?

Whomever runs your news server may have had to "flush"
the cache for some reason. You'd have to ask them. They
are the only ones who really know in this sector of the
universe.

Of course there is always Google Groups who will
hopefully have a record of all the messages.

AnthonyR

"Richard Crowley" <rcrowley@xpr7t.net> wrote in message
> "AnthonyR" wrote ..
>> OT ...Can anyone tell me why the two replies, one from David Cien and one
>> from Richard Crowley come up as "message is no longer available on
>> server"?
>> The reason I ask is cause today I noticed many replies
>> I was interested in reading had this problem. Usually
>> I see this on old messages that have been removed but
>> today it's random and all on todays' replies.
>> Can anyone tell me what would cause this?
>
> Whomever runs your news server may have had to "flush"
> the cache for some reason. You'd have to ask them. They
> are the only ones who really know in this sector of the
> universe.
>
> Of course there is always Google Groups who will
> hopefully have a record of all the messages.

Thanks Richard! At least I got this message. :)
AnthonyR.