Accessing Microsoft Outlook Web Access

I cannot access the server at work to read E-mails (user/password error). i
wonder if thiss issue could be language related. I run Windows XP Pro and
Office 2003 Small Business Edition Norwegian version. My whole machine is set
up in Norwegian and my work's server is American. I have a Dell Inspiron 9100
with 3.2 Ghz P4, 2 GB RAM with xDSL- connection. Norton 2005 Anti Virus. Can
anyone help.

Rolf S wrote:
> I cannot access the server at work to read E-mails (user/password
> error). i wonder if thiss issue could be language related. I run
> Windows XP Pro and Office 2003 Small Business Edition Norwegian
> version. My whole machine is set up in Norwegian and my work's server
> is American. I have a Dell Inspiron 9100 with 3.2 Ghz P4, 2 GB RAM
> with xDSL- connection. Norton 2005 Anti Virus. Can anyone help.

What email server does your work run?
Is it behind a firewall or usually accessible without a VPN connection?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Shenan Stanley wrote:
> What email server does your work run?
> Is it behind a firewall or usually accessible without a VPN
> connection?

Whoops, sorta.. Too late/early for me.
I see your work runs an Exchange server (most likely - but which version?
Also - have you emptied your Temporary Internet Files and are you typing in
your DOMAIN username.. Meaning :

DOMAIN\username
password

Some servers have not changed it where you would not have to type in DOMAIN\
before the username - and the replacement for DOMAIN would depend on your
network setup - your system admin would know.

Truthfully - your system admin would have to help you as well. Could it be
you have a different language version? Maybe - but I would think only if
you cannot type the same username/password on that machine that you can on a
work machine. After all - a Windows machine is NOT necessary to access an
Exchange Server (Outlook Web Access) - as I have many users on Linux, OS X
and - well - anything they want to use.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Thanks for your help. I had the wrong Domain.

"Shenan Stanley" wrote:

> Rolf S wrote:
> > I cannot access the server at work to read E-mails (user/password
> > error). i wonder if thiss issue could be language related. I run
> > Windows XP Pro and Office 2003 Small Business Edition Norwegian
> > version. My whole machine is set up in Norwegian and my work's server
> > is American. I have a Dell Inspiron 9100 with 3.2 Ghz P4, 2 GB RAM
> > with xDSL- connection. Norton 2005 Anti Virus. Can anyone help.
>
> Shenan Stanley wrote:
> > What email server does your work run?
> > Is it behind a firewall or usually accessible without a VPN
> > connection?
>
> Whoops, sorta.. Too late/early for me.
> I see your work runs an Exchange server (most likely - but which version?
> Also - have you emptied your Temporary Internet Files and are you typing in
> your DOMAIN username.. Meaning :
>
> DOMAIN\username
> password
>
> Some servers have not changed it where you would not have to type in DOMAIN\
> before the username - and the replacement for DOMAIN would depend on your
> network setup - your system admin would know.
>
> Truthfully - your system admin would have to help you as well. Could it be
> you have a different language version? Maybe - but I would think only if
> you cannot type the same username/password on that machine that you can on a
> work machine. After all - a Windows machine is NOT necessary to access an
> Exchange Server (Outlook Web Access) - as I have many users on Linux, OS X
> and - well - anything they want to use.
>
> --
> Shenan Stanley
> MS-MVP