Lost ability to share network printer and shared folders o..

Ever since I upgraded to SP2 I can't get my laptop to print to my desktop,
which shares the internet with a wireless router. The printer connected to
the desktop could previously be found as well as some shared files on the
desktop, but not anymore ever since upgrading. I have changed all kinds of
settings, even disabling the Windows Firewall, and all I can do is Map to
shared folders on the Laptop, and not vice versa. Has anyone had this similar
problem? My wireless network consists of a Linksys BEFW11S4, between a Dell
Dimension 4600 and Inspiron 1100, which has a Linksys pcmcia wireless network
card. Any suggestions? I get perfect internet access though the router, but
it seems my network printing and file sharing access to the desktop from the
laptop have been stopped. Thanks.

try here: http://www.careyholzman.com/netfixes.htm

no 29

mike

"crabbj" <crabbj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Ever since I upgraded to SP2 I can't get my laptop to print to my desktop,
> which shares the internet with a wireless router. The printer connected to
> the desktop could previously be found as well as some shared files on the
> desktop, but not anymore ever since upgrading. I have changed all kinds of
> settings, even disabling the Windows Firewall, and all I can do is Map to
> shared folders on the Laptop, and not vice versa. Has anyone had this
similar
> problem? My wireless network consists of a Linksys BEFW11S4, between a
Dell
> Dimension 4600 and Inspiron 1100, which has a Linksys pcmcia wireless
network
> card. Any suggestions? I get perfect internet access though the router,
but
> it seems my network printing and file sharing access to the desktop from
the
> laptop have been stopped. Thanks.

---

Crabbj ... Did you get the answer? I am having the same problem but, when I
go to the links shown, I still don't get the answer. I had no problem before
but after the upgrade, we cannot print from the other computer thru our
wireless network.

If you have the answer, please let me know.

Thanks