Ulead VideoStudio 9 Capture with S-Video

Hi - I'm having trouble capturing with S-Video from my JVC HRS2902U
VCR. If I use regular composite video, it works fine. If I use the
S-Video connection, all I get is audio.

In the Help section, it says that there is on option to choose
s-video. It's supposed to be under the Capture step -> Options ->
Video and Audio Capture Property Settings. However, I do not see this
option. I also do not see Audio Format or Change Field Order, as shown
in Help.

The only 2 Options I have are Capture step -> Options ->Capture
Options or DV Type.

Could this be because I'm capturing via the pass-through feature of my
Sony miniDV camera? Maybe VideoStudio can't tell there is a VCR also
connected. How can I get around this without buying a capture card?

I just bought the VCR with S-Video and an expensive a/v cable!

Help!

PS - I also could not capture with Ulead DVD Workshop 2 with this
set-up.

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 17:06:57 -0400, Registered User <not@today.com>
wrote:

>Hi - I'm having trouble capturing with S-Video from my JVC HRS2902U
>VCR. If I use regular composite video, it works fine. If I use the
>S-Video connection, all I get is audio.
>
>In the Help section, it says that there is on option to choose
>s-video. It's supposed to be under the Capture step -> Options ->
>Video and Audio Capture Property Settings. However, I do not see this
>option. I also do not see Audio Format or Change Field Order, as shown
>in Help.
>
>The only 2 Options I have are Capture step -> Options ->Capture
>Options or DV Type.
>
>Could this be because I'm capturing via the pass-through feature of my
>Sony miniDV camera? Maybe VideoStudio can't tell there is a VCR also
>connected. How can I get around this without buying a capture card?
>
>I just bought the VCR with S-Video and an expensive a/v cable!
>
>Help!
>
>PS - I also could not capture with Ulead DVD Workshop 2 with this
>set-up.

Answering my own question: The answer seems to be that the Sony camera
(HC-42) won't allow recording or passthrough with S-Video. So, a
capture card is the ticket, unfortunately.