Windows 7 compatible e-mail programs

cpearl

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2011
Hello,
I am tryingto use windows live but it keeps saying it is running in the back ground on start up. What do you recommend or should I try another email program

Please explain more clearly. Did you download and install Windows Live Mail, and have you configured it properly? What exactly is the problem?

cpearl

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2011

Yes I downloaded Windows Live (I assume it was configed properly) I followed all the prompts. There are several problems. 1st it is pinned to the bottom of the screen and not in the start menu or an icon. 2nd when I click on the windows live it tells me it is already running in the back ground.
When & if it does load it takes forever. Then when I am using e-mail it will sometimes say not responding. When I type an e-mail, it pull up all the group names before it pulls up the name I typed to send to.
I know that sounds like a lot but any help you can give me would be appreciated.

Did you follow the email setup instructions from your ISP?
Or are you using one of Web email provides? Gmail? Hotmail?

You can right click on the icon to unpin it from the taskbar.
If you type Live Mail into the Search bar at the bottom of the Start Menu then you should be able to right click on the program and choose Pin to Start Menu.

cpearl

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2011
This worked getting my e-mail up where I wanted it. Thank you so much.

I reinstalled windows live and it did good for a little bit now, it is giving me a error message saying something is not found when I go to open e-mail but it still works. Thanks