RE Login Fails on Laptop; Freezes Desktop

When I click Connect on the Remote Desktop Connection dialog on my laptop, my
remote office computer's screen pops up black and blank. Then the remote
office computer's User Name/Password dialog flashes on and, in the bat of
eyelash, disappears along with the remote office computer's screen. What's
left on the laptop's screen is the Remote Desktop Connection dialog. The
remote office computer freezes, and restarts only with a hard reboot. What's
happening here? What can I do to correct the problem? TIA

Updating the divers for the display adapter solved my problem.

itsrye

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2009
I was having the same issue with a Dell Precision desktop and re-installing the NVIDIA video driver fixed the problem. Thanks to the previous poster for finding and doumenting the solution.

TRENDING THREADS