RE Login Fails on Laptop; Freezes Desktop

Tags:
  • Laptops
  • Connection
  • Computers
  • Office
  • Windows XP
a b D Laptop
June 30, 2005 4:27:02 AM

When I click Connect on the Remote Desktop Connection dialog on my laptop, my
remote office computer's screen pops up black and blank. Then the remote
office computer's User Name/Password dialog flashes on and, in the bat of
eyelash, disappears along with the remote office computer's screen. What's
left on the laptop's screen is the Remote Desktop Connection dialog. The
remote office computer freezes, and restarts only with a hard reboot. What's
happening here? What can I do to correct the problem? TIA

More about : login fails laptop freezes desktop

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 30, 2005 9:11:02 PM

Updating the divers for the display adapter solved my problem.
August 17, 2009 3:18:11 PM

I was having the same issue with a Dell Precision desktop and re-installing the NVIDIA video driver fixed the problem. Thanks to the previous poster for finding and doumenting the solution.
!