[SOLVED] Late 2007 MacBook pro startup issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matask

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2010
Hello, I am having some trouble getting my Mac to start up. I keep getting the "restart your Mac" screen even when I try starting up from the install disc, so I can't even run the disc utility. I tried clearing the ram with the cmd-option-p-r
command but to no avail. I have run the apple hardware test but nothing shows up. I am using Osx leopard disc that came with Mac. I am running out of ideas. Anyone have some input for me? Thx in advance

Solution
Sounds like you've got something serious wrong if you can't even boot from the OS disc without a kernel panic. I'd take it to an Apple Store or something and see if they can figure it out.

aicom

Honorable
Mar 29, 2012
Sounds like you've got something serious wrong if you can't even boot from the OS disc without a kernel panic. I'd take it to an Apple Store or something and see if they can figure it out.

Solution

Matask

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2010
Damn was that I doesn't have to come to that. Currently trying to run the extended hardware test, see if something shows up. And I just learned about the safe-mode boot, gonna try that after the test.

Uh and sorry fort he double post. If an admin would delete the other post it would be much appreciated. Can't seem to do it on my phone

frozen walt disney

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011

In a lot of cases, this is caused by faulty RAM, or memory. You can take this out by removing the cover that is right next to the battery on the bottom. The best way to test it is to use only 1 RAM card at a time to see if one is faulty. You can also try different memory bays, since sometime the slot they are in are faulty as well.

Also, the 2007 there was a faulty chip from Nvidia, depending on the age of the machine you could still be under warranty for a REP replacement. However, this does have to be checked by the Apple store to see if your card fails or not.

Lastly, goto the utility "Disk Utility", and run a "Verify Disk" on your Hard Drive. This can also be done from your "Disk 1" disk that came with your apple. You could actually have just a bad OS install, or a bad hard drive. The drive can be checked in this matter, but its not a solve all. What you can also try with that disk is reinstalling your operating system all together. This doesn't erase user data, so feel free to do this. Be warned though, if your drive is failing and you do a major operation like a operating system install, you could lose everything. So make sure you backup!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS