Powershot Pro 1 vs. Minolta A200

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras.canon,alt.comp.digital,cameras,alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

I'm trying to decide between these two cameras and would like to hear
from those who know more than I do the advantages of each. They look
pretty similar to me.

Jeff
1 answer Last reply
More about powershot minolta a200
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras.canon,alt.comp.digital,cameras,alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

    I can't comment on the Minolta, but the Pro1 I have is great. Image quality
    is AWESOME, camera controls are very intuitive (but I'm already a Canon guy,
    so I'm obviously biased), great zoom range/aperture rating. Another huge
    plus in my book is the flexibility of the rear screen. I can swing the
    screen out and adjust it so I can shoot at waist level or over my head and
    see exactly what I'm capturing. It's even visible in direct sunlight.

    My only 2 negative points are poor autofocus in low light situations & a
    motor driven zoom ring instead of a manual zoom ring (like the Sony), this
    one being a personal preference more than anything.

    On 09/14/2005 4:54 PM, in article PKCdnSKA3KPIAbXeRVn-vg@comcast.com,
    "Tamaroak" <colwe003@tc.umn.edu> wrote:

    > I'm trying to decide between these two cameras and would like to hear
    > from those who know more than I do the advantages of each. They look
    > pretty similar to me.
    >
    > Jeff

Cameras Canon Peripherals