Powershot Pro 1 vs. Minolta A200

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
September 14, 2005 8:54:42 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras.canon,alt.comp.digital,cameras,alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

I'm trying to decide between these two cameras and would like to hear
from those who know more than I do the advantages of each. They look
pretty similar to me.

Jeff
Anonymous
September 14, 2005 10:04:28 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras.canon,alt.comp.digital,cameras,alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

I can't comment on the Minolta, but the Pro1 I have is great. Image quality
is AWESOME, camera controls are very intuitive (but I'm already a Canon guy,
so I'm obviously biased), great zoom range/aperture rating. Another huge
plus in my book is the flexibility of the rear screen. I can swing the
screen out and adjust it so I can shoot at waist level or over my head and
see exactly what I'm capturing. It's even visible in direct sunlight.

My only 2 negative points are poor autofocus in low light situations & a
motor driven zoom ring instead of a manual zoom ring (like the Sony), this
one being a personal preference more than anything.

!