Motion tracking

Jd

(I apologize if this is a duplicate post.)

Is it possible to track an object in a video within a certain area?

For example, tracking the motion of a toy car within a patch of area on
the floor. As long as the car is in this area, a "timer" will run. Once
the car leaves this area, the timer will cease. When the car enters
again, the timer will continue.

In other words, this thing will track how long a car is in a certain
spot. Is that possible?

I have access to Adobe Premiere, and After Effects. However, if anyone
knows how to do this with other software, I may be able to obtain that
as well.

sure this could be done with an expression and some color testing in an
area. use the output of that expression to to control some timer imagery..
Perhaps use the output of the expression as an input to a time remapper
which is an effect on a piece of video which is your timer overlay. When the
expression is TRUE the frames advance on the timer along with the video.
When it is false, they stop. That might be where I would start.

AE or Combustion ..

Easier to look at the frames and place markers or keyframes though.

"JD" <joshdelman@gmail.com> wrote in message
> (I apologize if this is a duplicate post.)
>
> Is it possible to track an object in a video within a certain area?
>
> For example, tracking the motion of a toy car within a patch of area on
> the floor. As long as the car is in this area, a "timer" will run. Once
> the car leaves this area, the timer will cease. When the car enters
> again, the timer will continue.
>
> In other words, this thing will track how long a car is in a certain
> spot. Is that possible?
>
> I have access to Adobe Premiere, and After Effects. However, if anyone
> knows how to do this with other software, I may be able to obtain that
> as well.

or you could use the output of a tracker for the remapping input.