wireless problems

i am running a desktop on xp sp2 and a laptop on xp sp1, i have a belkin
modem/router i am attempting to share an internet connection(broadband
tiscali)but, every time i atempt to configure everything something isnot
working eg if in
tcp/ip on the wireless connection i have to allow ip to given automatically
to have internet access from the modem/router, but then i can not see other
pc's in my workgroup (which is named etc correctly), but if i manually put an
ip in the wireless tct/ip ican see both pc's in workgroup but do not have any
internet access, to be online now i have had to replug my usb modem in.
hopefully someone out there can help

Jack

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

You have to describe how your system is connected in more details.

If you have a Modem/Router combo what is the roll of USB?

If both computers can access the Internet but do not share files between
them then this might help: http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html

Jack (MVP-Networking).