Remote Assistance - Full Control

zodiac

Hi all,

Are support engineers are allowed to take over the users screen with Remote
Assistance and have full control.

However now the user first has to click yes to allow them remote view and
then they have to click yes to allow full Control.

Is there a setting (gpo, registry,..) wich I can configure to allow this in
1 click??

thks

Z.

No, the best you can do is to use the "offer" functionality in a domain
environment. Permission to both view and take control of the Novice PC
desktop must always come from the Novice user...

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

benefit of all of us...
rights...

"Zodiac" <geen-te.le.foon@x-s--tyy.xq> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> Are support engineers are allowed to take over the users screen with
> Remote
> Assistance and have full control.
>
> However now the user first has to click yes to allow them remote view and
> then they have to click yes to allow full Control.
>
> Is there a setting (gpo, registry,..) wich I can configure to allow this
> in
> 1 click??
>
> thks
>
> Z.

zodiac

"Sooner Al [MVP]" <SoonerAl@somewhere.net.invalid> wrote in

> No, the best you can do is to use the "offer" functionality in a domain
> environment. Permission to both view and take control of the Novice PC
> desktop must always come from the Novice user...

yes we already use the offer (via SMS 2003) but with the sms 2.0 client the
user had to click only once... To be honest I don't see the point of doing
it twice....

but thks for your answer...

rgds,

Z.

Don't use Remote Assistance...

Try the shadow functionality that will allow you to observe/take
control of a workstation:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;279656&sd=tech
---
Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking MVP)
http://www.networkblog.net (My Networking Blog)
http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com (Support Site)

On Mon, 04 Jul 2005 05:06:51 -0700, Zodiac