IEEE 802.1x EAP Type Not Showing

Paul

Splendid

When I go into Wireless properties and attempt to make a new connection, all
goes well until I get to the Authentication Tab:
Wireless Network Connection Properties -> Wireless Networks -> Add -> (New
Window) Authentication
Enable IEEE 802.1x authentication for this network
I need this to connect to my school's wireless network. I had an issue with
WMI, but I repaired the corrupt files and WMI works, however, I think there
might be an issue with rasppp.dll because I noticed in regedit that's where
EAP/PEAP stuff is located. I might be wrong, this is just hours of stumbling
about.
I have the Intel PRO/Wireless LAN 2100 3B Mini PCI Adapter on PRO/100 VE
Network Connection (Centrino 802.11b Gateway 200ARC laptop)
WinXP Professional Service Pack 2
So if anyone can somehow assist in getting me to the point where I can allow
my smart card to use PEAP for my school's network, that'd be awesome.

Thanks,

Paul

Hi Paul,

If you have had corrupted files within Windows XP, you should use your
Windows XP CD to repair your installation. Here is a link to detailed steps
on how to do this:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/tips/doug92.mspx

You will probably have to reinstall Service Pack 2 as well.

Thanks,
Chris Gual[MSFT]