Initating Remote Assitance/Desktop from Remote IT Staff

I'm looking in using either using Remote Assitance and/or Desktop in a help
desk support environment. For example, if a user calls in asking for
assistance with a application, or if we are in need of troubleshooting the
machine, we would like to initate a remote assistance request that takes the
end user out of the equation so we don't need to walk them through how to
send a email/file request. We don't use MSN/Windows Messenger so that isn't
a option. Ideally it would be nice if we can right click on the machine in
Active Directory Users and Computers (ADUC) to initate a remote assistance
request.
We have a total of 230+ machines and twenty servers with three DCs in a
Active Directory environment. Our help desk staff have elevated "admin"
rights on the domain.
2 answers Last reply
More about initating remote assitance desktop remote staff

    Jason wrote:
    > I'm looking in using either using Remote Assitance and/or Desktop in
    > a help desk support environment. For example, if a user calls in
    > asking for assistance with a application, or if we are in need of
    > troubleshooting the machine, we would like to initate a remote
    > assistance request that takes the end user out of the equation so we
    > don't need to walk them through how to send a email/file request.
    > We don't use MSN/Windows Messenger so that isn't a option. Ideally
    > it would be nice if we can right click on the machine in Active
    > Directory Users and Computers (ADUC) to initate a remote assistance
    > request.
    > We have a total of 230+ machines and twenty servers with three DCs in
    > a Active Directory environment. Our help desk staff have elevated
    > "admin" rights on the domain.

    Look into "Offer Remote Assistance".

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP

    In a domain environment, shadowing is probably the best option:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;279656&sd=tech
    ---
    Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking MVP)
    http://www.networkblog.net (My Networking Blog)
    http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com (Support Site)

    On Thu, 7 Jul 2005 22:26:01 -0700, "Jason"
    <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >I'm looking in using either using Remote Assitance and/or Desktop in a help
    >desk support environment. For example, if a user calls in asking for
    >assistance with a application, or if we are in need of troubleshooting the
    >machine, we would like to initate a remote assistance request that takes the
    >end user out of the equation so we don't need to walk them through how to
    >send a email/file request. We don't use MSN/Windows Messenger so that isn't
    >a option. Ideally it would be nice if we can right click on the machine in
    >Active Directory Users and Computers (ADUC) to initate a remote assistance
    >request.
    >We have a total of 230+ machines and twenty servers with three DCs in a
    >Active Directory environment. Our help desk staff have elevated "admin"
    >rights on the domain.

Desktops Windows XP