Remote Desktop and Excel (Office 2003)

Hi,

I recently installed office 2003 on my desktop (runs xp service pack 2)

I sometimes work remote desktop onto my desk machine but have noticed that
when I try to scroll down in excel (or word) it takes ages - as if it's doing
one line at a time. Its very very frustrating.

Has anybody else come across this problem or have a fix for it??

Many Thanks,
--
Nuala
2 answers Last reply

    Nuala wrote:
    > I recently installed office 2003 on my desktop (runs xp service pack
    > 2)
    >
    > I sometimes work remote desktop onto my desk machine but have noticed
    > that when I try to scroll down in excel (or word) it takes ages - as
    > if it's doing one line at a time. Its very very frustrating.
    >
    > Has anybody else come across this problem or have a fix for it??

    Sounds like screen refresh.. What is your "Experience Level" set to and what
    type of connection do you have to the remote machine (speed)?

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP

    Also check connectivity speed... Scrolling in a RD session like that
    is fairly bandwidth intensive...
    ---
    Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking MVP)
    http://www.networkblog.net (My Networking Blog)
    http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com (Support Site)

    On Fri, 8 Jul 2005 21:56:45 -0500, "Shenan Stanley"
    <newshelper@gmail.com> wrote:

    >Nuala wrote:
    >> I recently installed office 2003 on my desktop (runs xp service pack
    >> 2)
    >>
    >> I sometimes work remote desktop onto my desk machine but have noticed
    >> that when I try to scroll down in excel (or word) it takes ages - as
    >> if it's doing one line at a time. Its very very frustrating.
    >>
    >> Has anybody else come across this problem or have a fix for it??
    >
    >Sounds like screen refresh.. What is your "Experience Level" set to and what
    >type of connection do you have to the remote machine (speed)?
    >
    >--
    >Shenan Stanley
    > MS-MVP

Remote Desktop Excel Office Windows XP