Remote Desktop and Excel (Office 2003)

Hi,

I recently installed office 2003 on my desktop (runs xp service pack 2)

I sometimes work remote desktop onto my desk machine but have noticed that
when I try to scroll down in excel (or word) it takes ages - as if it's doing
one line at a time. Its very very frustrating.

Has anybody else come across this problem or have a fix for it??

Many Thanks,
--
Nuala

Nuala wrote:
> I recently installed office 2003 on my desktop (runs xp service pack
> 2)
>
> I sometimes work remote desktop onto my desk machine but have noticed
> that when I try to scroll down in excel (or word) it takes ages - as
> if it's doing one line at a time. Its very very frustrating.
>
> Has anybody else come across this problem or have a fix for it??

Sounds like screen refresh.. What is your "Experience Level" set to and what
type of connection do you have to the remote machine (speed)?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Also check connectivity speed... Scrolling in a RD session like that
is fairly bandwidth intensive...
---
Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking MVP)
http://www.networkblog.net (My Networking Blog)
http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com (Support Site)

On Fri, 8 Jul 2005 21:56:45 -0500, "Shenan Stanley"
<newshelper@gmail.com> wrote:

>Nuala wrote:
>> I recently installed office 2003 on my desktop (runs xp service pack
>> 2)
>>
>> I sometimes work remote desktop onto my desk machine but have noticed
>> that when I try to scroll down in excel (or word) it takes ages - as
>> if it's doing one line at a time. Its very very frustrating.
>>
>> Has anybody else come across this problem or have a fix for it??
>
>Sounds like screen refresh.. What is your "Experience Level" set to and what
>type of connection do you have to the remote machine (speed)?
>
>--
>Shenan Stanley
> MS-MVP

TRENDING THREADS