Can some DVD players play MPEG2 files?

I'd like to convert some old videos to DVD.

With my computer, I know how to store them as MPEG2 files.

My DVD player won't play a DVD with simply an MPEG2 file saved on it.

Do newer DVD players play what is essentially a "data disk" with a
single MPEG2 file saved on it?

I'd like to not have to make a menu and all that stuff.

Just want to copy some old VHS tapes to DVD.

Thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about players play mpeg2 files

    "james" <kevlar9296@aol.com> wrote in message
    > I'd like to convert some old videos to DVD.
    >
    > With my computer, I know how to store them as MPEG2 files.
    >
    > My DVD player won't play a DVD with simply an MPEG2 file saved on it.
    >
    > Do newer DVD players play what is essentially a "data disk" with a
    > single MPEG2 file saved on it?
    >
    > I'd like to not have to make a menu and all that stuff.
    >
    > Just want to copy some old VHS tapes to DVD.
    >
    > Thanks.

    Sure there are plenty of DVD players out now that play
    "Raw MPEG" , check the listings on www.videohelp.com

    You might want to check out the Media Player/DVD
    player at www.buffalotech.com , it can not only play raw
    MPEG but can be connected directly to your PC. It also
    can connect to and play media files from their NAS
    storage devices (I have mine hooked to a TeraStation.)

    It can play a wide variety of video and audio formats,
    including HD formats DivX HD and WMV HD; as well as

    Video files: .dat, mpg, mpe, mpeg, m2v, m1v, vob, avi, asf,
    divx, xvid, rmp4, mov, mp4, vro, m4v, m2p, hnl, and wmv.

    Audio files: mp3, mp2, ogg, wav, aac, wma, pls, m4a,
    ac3, mp1, mpa, asf, and m3u.

    Picture files: jpeg, gif, bmp, tif, and png.

    But Authoring your own DVDs can be fun too.

    Luck;
    Ken

Tuner Cards DVD DVD Players Video Graphics