Can some DVD players play MPEG2 files?

James

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I'd like to convert some old videos to DVD.

With my computer, I know how to store them as MPEG2 files.

My DVD player won't play a DVD with simply an MPEG2 file saved on it.

Do newer DVD players play what is essentially a "data disk" with a
single MPEG2 file saved on it?

I'd like to not have to make a menu and all that stuff.

Just want to copy some old VHS tapes to DVD.

Thanks.

"james" <kevlar9296@aol.com> wrote in message
> I'd like to convert some old videos to DVD.
>
> With my computer, I know how to store them as MPEG2 files.
>
> My DVD player won't play a DVD with simply an MPEG2 file saved on it.
>
> Do newer DVD players play what is essentially a "data disk" with a
> single MPEG2 file saved on it?
>
> I'd like to not have to make a menu and all that stuff.
>
> Just want to copy some old VHS tapes to DVD.
>
> Thanks.

Sure there are plenty of DVD players out now that play
"Raw MPEG" , check the listings on www.videohelp.com

You might want to check out the Media Player/DVD
player at www.buffalotech.com , it can not only play raw
MPEG but can be connected directly to your PC. It also
can connect to and play media files from their NAS
storage devices (I have mine hooked to a TeraStation.)

It can play a wide variety of video and audio formats,
including HD formats DivX HD and WMV HD; as well as

Video files: .dat, mpg, mpe, mpeg, m2v, m1v, vob, avi, asf,
divx, xvid, rmp4, mov, mp4, vro, m4v, m2p, hnl, and wmv.

Audio files: mp3, mp2, ogg, wav, aac, wma, pls, m4a,
ac3, mp1, mpa, asf, and m3u.

Picture files: jpeg, gif, bmp, tif, and png.

But Authoring your own DVDs can be fun too.

Luck;
Ken