MSN "Remote Assistance" not connecting...

When my Mom proffers an invitation for remote assisance using MSN Messenger
7.0 she recieves the following: "Remote Assistance cannot connect because
<user> denied the
request for help". I've looked at some of the other, similar, threads
posted on connectivity issues with 7.0 in these forums, but nothing seems to
help. We can send and recieve each others video and audio. Also, the games
work. I've tried to do this with a couple of other freinds with the same
result. Before we were forced into the 7.0 upgrade there were no problems.
I've checked my settings to allow RA, reinstalled 7.0, tried using Windows
Messenger, and have tried doing this with my firewall (ZoneAlarm) disabled
:-( . Please, any help on this issue would be very much appreciated!

Make sure the Remote Assistance Exceptions are enabled in Windows Firewall
(if you are using that).

You'll need to ensure this is set on both computers.

--
Gary Tsang
Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

"SurfCook1" <SurfCook1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When my Mom proffers an invitation for remote assisance using MSN
> Messenger
> 7.0 she recieves the following: "Remote Assistance cannot connect because
> <user> denied the
> request for help". I've looked at some of the other, similar, threads
> posted on connectivity issues with 7.0 in these forums, but nothing seems
> help. We can send and recieve each others video and audio. Also, the
> games
> work. I've tried to do this with a couple of other freinds with the same
> result. Before we were forced into the 7.0 upgrade there were no problems.
> I've checked my settings to allow RA, reinstalled 7.0, tried using Windows
> Messenger, and have tried doing this with my firewall (ZoneAlarm) disabled
> :-( . Please, any help on this issue would be very much appreciated!

Thank you for the quick reply Gary. Would what you suggest be accomplished in
the Windows Firewall settings in Security Center (which is disabled btw-I'm
using Zone Alarm), gpedit.msc, somewhere in Zone Alarm, services.misc, or in
System Properties? Sorry if I seem a little thick on this, but it's a
situation I have yet to run across.

I'm very grateful for your assistance on this Gary. Again - Thanks.