How do I record to DVD player from timeline?

Hi. given the following, I would like to make a digital copy of my
timeline (avi or mpeg or wmv) file to a tabletop DVD recorder:

1.) SonyV460 Digital8 camcorder (firewire, analog/digital converter)
2.) WinXP Pro SP2
3.) Sony Vegas Video 6.0
4. Cyberhome tabletop DVD recorder (firewire input)

The Vegas help file describes how to pass video from the timeline to a
camcorder, but I don't know how to transfer the digital data from the
camcorder to the firewire DVD recorder without recording to a digital
tape first. Is there a way I can record directly from my timeline to
the tabletop DVD in one pass, without using the camcorder's analog
jacks to the DVD recorder? Thanks in advance.

rs

M.L. wrote:
> Hi. given the following, I would like to make a digital copy of my
> timeline (avi or mpeg or wmv) file to a tabletop DVD recorder:
>
> 1.) SonyV460 Digital8 camcorder (firewire, analog/digital converter)
> 2.) WinXP Pro SP2
> 3.) Sony Vegas Video 6.0
> 4. Cyberhome tabletop DVD recorder (firewire input)
>
> The Vegas help file describes how to pass video from the timeline to a
> camcorder, but I don't know how to transfer the digital data from the
> camcorder to the firewire DVD recorder without recording to a digital
> tape first. Is there a way I can record directly from my timeline to
> the tabletop DVD in one pass, without using the camcorder's analog
> jacks to the DVD recorder? Thanks in advance.

Have you tried connecting your DVD Recorder to your PC via Firewire? It
may show up as a 'record to' device. You may find it helpfull to also
check the manual and perhaps online help/faq for your dvd recorder to
see if any illumination on the process resides there.