Remote Desktop Web Connection problem using cell phone......

I have rdwc working great using my laptop computer to access my work computer
over the internet......after some small problems with set up.
I do this using my DSL internet connection, however, when I try to connect
using my cell phone internet connection it just times out.....never connects.
The cell phone is accessing other internet sites fine. It just won't get to
my work computer. I have checked the settings and they seem fine (firewall,
router, etc..).
Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Craig

The web connection will not work over a cell phone (except if you are
tethering it with a laptop)...

They have various versions of the Remote Desktop client for the
different phone OS's (i.e., Windows Mobile, Palm, or Symbian)...
---
Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking MVP)
http://www.networkblog.net (My Networking Blog)
http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com (Support Site)

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 18:34:02 -0700, cwmson <cwmson@verizon.net> wrote:

>I have rdwc working great using my laptop computer to access my work computer
>over the internet......after some small problems with set up.
>I do this using my DSL internet connection, however, when I try to connect
>using my cell phone internet connection it just times out.....never connects.
>The cell phone is accessing other internet sites fine. It just won't get to
>my work computer. I have checked the settings and they seem fine (firewall,
>router, etc..).
>Any suggestions?
>Thanks,
>Craig

Jeffrey -
Thanks for responding. If you mean by tethering....connecting by cell phone
wire, cell phone to laptop, that's what I did..if not, could you explain.
I can use my laptop and cell phone and connect to my offsite computer using
PC Anywhere but I'd rather use Microsoft if possible.
Thanks,
Craig