Simple video titling software?

I've tried VideoCharge and Media Wizard but have reservations about
both. Windows Movie Maker doesn't do it quite right. I'm looking for
one of those editors around the 10Mb mark, so not overly complex. I
only need it for adding titles to short video clips. I've been looking
for ages, so any recommendations appreciated.

Jason

"Jason Brown" <jasonbrown1999@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> I've tried VideoCharge and Media Wizard but have reservations about
> both. Windows Movie Maker doesn't do it quite right. I'm looking for
> one of those editors around the 10Mb mark, so not overly complex. I
> only need it for adding titles to short video clips. I've been looking
> for ages, so any recommendations appreciated.
>
> Jason

You might try "Text2video" it's freeware and quite small.
Can be found through www.videohelp.com or a Google.

Luck;
Ken

"Jason Brown" <jasonbrown1999@yahoo.co.uk> schreef in bericht
> I've tried VideoCharge and Media Wizard but have reservations about
> both. Windows Movie Maker doesn't do it quite right. I'm looking for
> one of those editors around the 10Mb mark, so not overly complex. I
> only need it for adding titles to short video clips. I've been looking
> for ages, so any recommendations appreciated.
>
> Jason

Try BluffTitler, it's easy for making some nice 3D titles.
http://www.blufftitler.us/

There is a suprisingly good series of titles with effects in Nero Vision
Express 3.

"Oreon" <oreon2@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "Jason Brown" <jasonbrown1999@yahoo.co.uk> schreef in bericht
>> I've tried VideoCharge and Media Wizard but have reservations about
>> both. Windows Movie Maker doesn't do it quite right. I'm looking for
>> one of those editors around the 10Mb mark, so not overly complex. I
>> only need it for adding titles to short video clips. I've been looking
>> for ages, so any recommendations appreciated.
>>
>> Jason
>>

> Try BluffTitler, it's easy for making some nice 3D titles.
> http://www.blufftitler.us/

That's one I've tried. You can do special effects, but not simple
titling.

I found this by chance a little while ago (I'd only ever used Nero for
burning). I couldn't find options for adding simple credits across the
bottom of my video clips. It allowed me to set up some kind of intro
screen, where I could add thumbnails of all my videos, but not add
titles to the bottom of video clips themselves.

I tried it out, but it doesn't let you add text over videos (just
pictures).

>I found this by chance a little while ago (I'd only ever used Nero for
> burning). I couldn't find options for adding simple credits across the
> bottom of my video clips. It allowed me to set up some kind of intro
> screen, where I could add thumbnails of all my videos, but not add
> titles to the bottom of video clips themselves.

What about the Floor Scroller text function in Nero?

You seem to have a very specific idea of what you want. Get ready to learn
over months and spend some money on a professional program.

Jason Brown wrote:
> only need it for adding titles to short video clips. I've been looking
> for ages, so any recommendations appreciated.

I'm fairly happy with the titling capabilities of ArcSoft ShowBiz.
Lets you put title slides in between video clips. I believe you can
also title over video, with fade-in and fade-out. I'm a very basic
user, just home movies, etc. The price was right for me, came bundled
with my DVD burner. If you have to buy a copy, ArcSoft's website lists
it for $99. Believe they have a trial download.

Hope this helps,
Jerry

rs

pepci8899@yahoo.com wrote:
> have you ever tried Video Edit Magic,you can easily add text(titles) to
> your video files,
> I've tried a lot of programs before,finding this the easiest one with
> perfect results.
> I'd like to recommend it to all of you
> http://www.mediasoftzone.com/Video-Edit-Magic.html

That that price level you also have your Vegas, Adobe, Ulead, ect entry
level products.

Jimmy

RS wrote:
> pepci8899@yahoo.com wrote:
>> have you ever tried Video Edit Magic,you can easily add text(titles)
>> to your video files,
>> I've tried a lot of programs before,finding this the easiest one with
>> perfect results.
>> I'd like to recommend it to all of you
>> http://www.mediasoftzone.com/Video-Edit-Magic.html
>>

> That that price level you also have your Vegas, Adobe, Ulead, ect
> entry level products.

Have you or anyone else used Hollywood FX and have an opinion of this
application? I find it useful but have nothing to compare it too.

Thanks.

J.

Jimmy wrote:

> Have you or anyone else used Hollywood FX and have an opinion of this
> application? I find it useful but have nothing to compare it too.

HFX is a Pinnacle product for usually doing FX transitions between video
clips. I have used it a lot from the Pinnalce DV500 to now using Liquid
Edition Pro.

>I tried it out, but it doesn't let you add text over videos (just
> pictures).
>
> Jason

HuH?? It only does text. It makes an avi that you can
easily overlay on your video, just make the background a
solid key color, solid white or solid black works fine.

I have found the Text Effects and simple titling that is in
Magix's semi-stable products to work fine, even if a few
of the other features won't work right. You can probably
still pick-up a copy of their "Video Deluxe 2.0 Plus" for
under $10 through the Froogle feature of Google. The
current "Movie Edit Pro 10" has a number of problems
and many can't get the demo to work on their systems.
If you can find a download of the "Movie Edit 2004"
Demo, that's probably the most current stable version.

Luck;
Ken

Jimmy

TonyP wrote:
> Jimmy wrote:
>
>> Have you or anyone else used Hollywood FX and have an opinion of
>> this application? I find it useful but have nothing to compare it
>> too.
>
> HFX is a Pinnacle product for usually doing FX transitions between
> video clips. I have used it a lot from the Pinnacle DV500 to now
> using Liquid Edition Pro.

Is the LE Pro version any different and have you been able to compare
this product with others? I guess I am blurring this with Title Deco and
maybe my question should be regarding a comparison with TD and other titling
SW.

I've sort of given up and am sticking with media wizard for now. I have
a specific idea of what I want, because that's all I need to do: add
credits to the bottom of short video clips. Nothing expensive or with a
steep learning curve is required.

Jimmy wrote:
> TonyP wrote:
>
>>Jimmy wrote:

>>> Have you or anyone else used Hollywood FX and have an opinion of
>>>this application? I find it useful but have nothing to compare it
>>>too.

>>HFX is a Pinnacle product for usually doing FX transitions between
>>video clips. I have used it a lot from the Pinnacle DV500 to now
>>using Liquid Edition Pro.

> Is the LE Pro version any different and have you been able to compare
> this product with others? I guess I am blurring this with Title Deco and
> maybe my question should be regarding a comparison with TD and other titling
> SW.

Title Deko is the titling program. It works. Nothing fancy, just plain
or fancy looking text. Hollywood FX is a 2D/3D transition program. I am
using HFX Pro (more transitions and the ability to customize them),
while just "plain' TD.