DAC-100 problem?

Hi,

I have a DAC-100 and have just started to use it. No matter what, I
cannot get anything via the S (S-VHS) socket.

Using the supplied RCA cables, I can get sound and vision but thought
the sound starts to play back ok, a few seconds later there is like a
flutter on audio.

Is the unit likely to be knackered?

TIA
2 answers Last reply
More about problem

    I have the DAC-100 and have always found the input S-video connector is
    intermittent while the input phono connector works fine. I can get the
    S-video connector to work by wiggling the cable connector a few times
    while pushing it firmly in. Don't forget to use the source button to
    lite the AV lamp.

    On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 05:45:43 GMT, jimmy <wa6tkq@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

    >I have the DAC-100 and have always found the input S-video connector is
    >intermittent while the input phono connector works fine. I can get the
    >S-video connector to work by wiggling the cable connector a few times
    >while pushing it firmly in. Don't forget to use the source button to
    >lite the AV lamp.
    >
    >No-one wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I have a DAC-100 and have just started to use it. No matter what, I
    >> cannot get anything via the S (S-VHS) socket.
    >>
    >> Using the supplied RCA cables, I can get sound and vision but thought
    >> the sound starts to play back ok, a few seconds later there is like a
    >> flutter on audio.
    >>
    >> Is the unit likely to be knackered?
    >>
    >> TIA

    Thanks for that. The S-Video socket may be temeperamental but the
    sound is something different, possibly PC based. I have found that
    watching (Not recording) through Avid Free DV or Power Director is
    fine, it is only when I record that the problem with the sound starts.
    I think I will swop the sound card to see if it may have something to
    do with it and also try the unit with a different PC.

    Regards.

Tuner Cards Graphics