DAC-100 problem?

Hi,

I have a DAC-100 and have just started to use it. No matter what, I
cannot get anything via the S (S-VHS) socket.

Using the supplied RCA cables, I can get sound and vision but thought
the sound starts to play back ok, a few seconds later there is like a
flutter on audio.

Is the unit likely to be knackered?

TIA

Jimmy

I have the DAC-100 and have always found the input S-video connector is
intermittent while the input phono connector works fine. I can get the
S-video connector to work by wiggling the cable connector a few times
while pushing it firmly in. Don't forget to use the source button to
lite the AV lamp.

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 05:45:43 GMT, jimmy <wa6tkq@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>I have the DAC-100 and have always found the input S-video connector is
>intermittent while the input phono connector works fine. I can get the
>S-video connector to work by wiggling the cable connector a few times
>while pushing it firmly in. Don't forget to use the source button to
>lite the AV lamp.
>
>No-one wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a DAC-100 and have just started to use it. No matter what, I
>> cannot get anything via the S (S-VHS) socket.
>>
>> Using the supplied RCA cables, I can get sound and vision but thought
>> the sound starts to play back ok, a few seconds later there is like a
>> flutter on audio.
>>
>> Is the unit likely to be knackered?
>>
>> TIA

Thanks for that. The S-Video socket may be temeperamental but the
sound is something different, possibly PC based. I have found that
watching (Not recording) through Avid Free DV or Power Director is
fine, it is only when I record that the problem with the sound starts.
I think I will swop the sound card to see if it may have something to
do with it and also try the unit with a different PC.

Regards.

TRENDING THREADS