Remote Desktop fails to connect

Trying to connect from my house (=XP) to my office (=Server 2003) but I get
timed-out.

Ip-adress, user name, pw & domain are all correct.

Am I overlooking something? (ports? firewall?)
2 answers Last reply
More about remote desktop fails connect

    If the server is behind a firewall then you need TCP Port 3389
    forwarded/opened to the private static LAN IP of the server...

    --

    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    benefit of all of us...
    rights...

    D@n wrote:
    > Trying to connect from my house (=XP) to my office (=Server 2003) but
    > I get timed-out.
    >
    > Ip-adress, user name, pw & domain are all correct.
    >
    > Am I overlooking something? (ports? firewall?)

    Solved!
    IP was Lan, not Wan

Remote Desktop Connection Windows XP