AVI to XviD How??????

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 30, 2005 10:32:52 PM

HI

What tool do you use to convert AVI's to the XviD?

TIA
NBK

More about : avi xvid

August 31, 2005 3:10:26 PM

Richard Ragon wrote:
> desslockii@excite.com wrote:
>
>> HI
>>
>> What tool do you use to convert AVI's to the XviD?
>> TIA
>> NBK
>>

> AVI is a file type, and XviD is a CODEC.
>
> That's like saying, how do I convert my Cadillac to an Escalade.
>
> -Richard

Now that you mention it, thats quite true. An Xvid video will have an
AVI extension.

Still,
http://www.videohelp.com
is the place to point this person. You can a number of detailed
walkthroughs there.
Anonymous
August 31, 2005 3:42:36 PM

Thanks all
NBK
August 31, 2005 4:54:09 PM

On 30 Aug 2005 18:32:52 -0700, desslockii@excite.com wrote:

>HI
>
>What tool do you use to convert AVI's to the XviD?
>
>TIA
>NBK

I like VSO DivxToDVD

I got the best results using VSO DivxToDVD

Then use TMPGEnc 3.0 XPress to extract mpeg from DVD folder
VSO DivxToDVD made.

Burning what VSO DivxToDVD made crashed my standalone DVD player.

Then use TMPGEnc 3.0 XPress to recompress using CBR output to
single file.

TMPGEnc DVD Author to burn dvd

I have had very good results using above method
Anonymous
August 31, 2005 4:57:59 PM

On 30 Aug 2005 18:32:52 -0700, desslockii@excite.com wrote:

>HI
>
>What tool do you use to convert AVI's to the XviD?
>
>TIA
>NBK

Forgot this URL, its a good video help site
http://www.videohelp.com/
!