HDTV tuners for PCs

I'm looking to get a HDTV tuner for my new PC. It has a 3GHz Athlon64
chip and 400GB hard drive space, so I'm sure the PC would have no
problems handling it. The only problem I have is that there isn't much
on the net about HDTV turner cards. The two I'm currently looking at
are the ATI HDTV Wonder and the Divco FusionHDTV5 Gold Plus. I've
heard that there were problem with ATI's software (which is nothing
new) and that remote only work with ATI's software. The specs for the
Divco card look promising and according to the product manual the
remote software is programmable, but I've heard very little about it.

Any recommendations or advise would be appreciated.

semi_charm@yahoo.com wrote:
> I'm looking to get a HDTV tuner for my new PC. It has a 3GHz Athlon64
> chip and 400GB hard drive space, so I'm sure the PC would have no
> problems handling it. The only problem I have is that there isn't much
> on the net about HDTV turner cards. The two I'm currently looking at
> are the ATI HDTV Wonder and the Divco FusionHDTV5 Gold Plus. I've
> heard that there were problem with ATI's software (which is nothing
> new) and that remote only work with ATI's software. The specs for the
> Divco card look promising and according to the product manual the
> remote software is programmable, but I've heard very little about it.
>
> Any recommendations or advise would be appreciated.

It would probably be worth asking this over in alt.comp.hardware. I
consistently see Hauppage's tv tuners recommended, but do not know if
they make one with your requirements.

ME

semi_charm@yahoo.com wrote:

>I'm looking to get a HDTV tuner for my new PC. It has a 3GHz Athlon64
>chip and 400GB hard drive space,

I'm curious what build and model PC you bought?

Or did you build yourself?

I never buy PCs anymore. Even with an ATI X800XL I built it for around
$1100.

I'll try over there. BTW, Hauppage doesn't seem to make HDTV boards
for the US anymore. The last one they had actually downgraded the
video to 720, which made it next to worthless anyway.