Vegas Video and DVD Arch - Optimize a DVD?

Hello,

I have 2 VCDs - I want to put them on one DVD - both files attached
together.

So I render them to mpeg2s - open up Vegas, open one file, then drop
and drag the second one after it - render it to one big mpeg2.

It turns out to be 9 gigs. I try putting in DVD Arch - I got to
prepare - and it will not let me due to space restrictions - it will
not let me decrease the bit rate to get it down to 4.7 gigs.

Suggestions on how to get this on one DVD?

Thanks

Tmuld.

tmuldoon@spliced.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have 2 VCDs - I want to put them on one DVD - both files attached
> together.
>
> So I render them to mpeg2s - open up Vegas, open one file, then drop
> and drag the second one after it - render it to one big mpeg2.

There should be no need to re-render them to MPEG2. MPEG1 is valid for
DVD video. Just resample the audio to 48Khz.

--
-WD

martin

"Will Dormann" <wdormann@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote in message
> tmuldoon@spliced.com wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have 2 VCDs - I want to put them on one DVD - both files attached
>> together.
>>
>> So I render them to mpeg2s - open up Vegas, open one file, then drop
>> and drag the second one after it - render it to one big mpeg2.
>
> There should be no need to re-render them to MPEG2. MPEG1 is valid for
> DVD video. Just resample the audio to 48Khz.
>

> --
> -WD

For more info on putting VCD onto DVD look at http://www.videohelp.com

http://www.videohelp.com/dvd states:
'DVD-VCD
is basicly a VCD authored on a DVD. DVD supports the VCD resolution but the
audio has to be resampled to 48 khz. If the audio is resampled to 48 khz it
is standard DVD-Video.'

And finally a link to a guide http://www.videohelp.com/vcddvdr.htm

Martin.