Remote Desktop damaged by power failure

I am using a Windows Xp Professional Sp2 computer. I was in a Remote Desktop
session with another Windows Xp Professional Sp2 computer and the plant
suffered a power failure. When power returned I found that the Remote Desktop
would throw an error when an session was started.

I tried to restore to various privious points in time using System Restore
but this did not solve the problem.

Is there a way to re-install the components that support the Remote Desktop
without going through a complete Xp re-installation?

Thanks.

--
John Olbert

John Olbert wrote:
> I am using a Windows Xp Professional Sp2 computer. I was in a Remote
> Desktop session with another Windows Xp Professional Sp2 computer and
> the plant suffered a power failure. When power returned I found that
> the Remote Desktop would throw an error when an session was started.
>
> I tried to restore to various privious points in time using System
> Restore but this did not solve the problem.
>
> Is there a way to re-install the components that support the Remote
> Desktop without going through a complete Xp re-installation?

Look into performing a repair installation.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP