hey P.Travel....

AnthonyR

Hey P.Travel,

sorry to everyone else for off topic.
Can you believe that people behave like animals when they run out of
resources now?
Watching the news about Police being afraid to leave the roof of the
Precinct at night and
people killing each other for food, and these are Americans, imagine if the
world ran out of resources how
fast countries would turn on each other.

AnthonyR.

On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 01:02:33 GMT, "AnthonyR" <nomail@nospam.com>
wrote:

>Hey P.Travel,
>
>sorry to everyone else for off topic.

But obviously not sorry enough to keep your drivel to
yourself, you sorry jerk.

>Can you believe that people behave like animals when they run out of
>resources now?
>Watching the news about Police being afraid to leave the roof of the
>Precinct at night and
>people killing each other for food, and these are Americans, imagine if the
>world ran out of resources how
>fast countries would turn on each other.
>
>AnthonyR.

AnthonyR

<kashe@sonic.net> wrote in message
> On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 01:02:33 GMT, "AnthonyR" <nomail@nospam.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Hey P.Travel,
>>
>>sorry to everyone else for off topic.
>
> But obviously not sorry enough to keep your drivel to
> yourself, you sorry jerk.

Hi Kashe!

First time I've seen your name on this forum, but thanks for the lovely
introduction.
At least you didn't add any worthless drivel, right?

LOL

The reason, I posted here was last week P.Travel and I had a long thread
that turned into this subject and this is the only forum I know he reads
regularly.

AnthonyR.

"> Until you have been in the very same situation as those in New Orleans
you
> cannot be a judge.

Amen to that. My relatives are very opinionated about the situation in New
Orleans. I however, was near the epicenter of the Northridge earthquake (I
moved since).....you really have to experience this kind of disaster to
understand (and an earthquake is totally sudden and without warning....35
seconds later and you have nothing).

No flames here, only reflection.

Go here to read about Galveston and the 1900 storm.

http://www.1900storm.com/

It shall be interesting to see how New Orleans copes in the political
squabbles that are bound to follow from State, Local and Federal
bureaucrats with the media throwing kerosene on the whole thing.

I am depressing myself.

Cheers...

Mark

"Alpha" <none@none.net> wrote in message

> "> Until you have been in the very same situation as those in New Orleans
> you
>> cannot be a judge.
>
> Amen to that. My relatives are very opinionated about the situation in
> New Orleans. I however, was near the epicenter of the Northridge
> earthquake (I moved since).....you really have to experience this kind of
> disaster to understand (and an earthquake is totally sudden and without
> warning....35 seconds later and you have nothing).

Heinlein once wrote that every man should be prepared
to turn his back on all the things he has acquired, and start
over with nothing but what he can carry, all without looking
back. There are plenty who have been through experiences
that made that necessary. Uninsured houses have burned
to the ground, farms and business gone belly-up, parents
died, careers imploded, factories closed.

These are not quite the sudden catastrophes that create an
environment where individuals have to rely on their own
resources to insure their own basic survival and the survival
of those they are responsible for. In an urban society where
individual self-reliance is viewed as antisocial, where there is a
philosophy that encourages both dependence and taking from
any you can, whenever you can get away with it, and such
a disaster occurs, what we saw is what you should expect.

In communities of a more rural tradition, with self-reliance
seen as a virtue, and independent practical approaches to
life the norm, responses to total destruction seldom include
strongman tactics and bands of thugs taking from the weak.
There is less "When is the goverment going to soluve all my
problems, sooth my grief, replace my comforts, even save
my life," and more "lets git to work fixing our own
problems".

New Orleans was a special situation in that the authorities
had the ability to block the only entrance to / exit from the
disaster area, so even those with the sense and self-reliance
to try and leave were sometimes prevented from doing so.
So you had a dependent population trapped and not able
to see relief coming. They were on their own. In most
cases, their whole life they had some line to get into that
would address their needs, and some politician who would
"feel their pain" if they didn't get what they thought they
had coming to them. Now you can't expect them to
suddenly stop expecting someone else to be responsible.

There were a good number who did respond in a noble
fashion. They helped and saved many who were so lost
without someone telling them where to go, what to do.
But they were far out numbered by the lost, or those who
were preying on them.

Now this next will get me labeled a racist for sure.

Where is the sizable White minority of New Orleans,
in the rescue scenes on TV? Are we to believe that
almost all of them got out before the storm or the levee
break? The suburbs are under water also, very very
few of the rooftop rescues I've seen on TV show whites
being rescued.

I don't know what this indicates, but shouldn't there be
more white survivors coming out of New Orleans?

Ok, flame away.

Luck;
Ken

AnthonyR

"Mark Burns" <marcus520520@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> No flames here, only reflection.
>
> Go here to read about Galveston and the 1900 storm.
>
> http://www.1900storm.com/
>
> It shall be interesting to see how New Orleans copes in the political
> squabbles that are bound to follow from State, Local and Federal
> bureaucrats with the media throwing kerosene on the whole thing.
>
> I am depressing myself.
>
> Cheers...
>
> Mark

Mark, Thanks for the link, my 12 year old nephew was telling me about the
Galveston storm earlier tonight, funny
you should mention it as soon as I got home also. It's going to be difficult
to say the least.
The priest in my brothers church said in his surmon that this is what you
get when man tries to tame or control nature.
Meaning when we build levees to try and prevent sea level rising to what
nature intends it, he was trying to express
man isn't strong enough or smart enough to control natures force.
Everyone will have an opinion on this, either way, it's a tragedy.

AnthonyR.

Gman

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

In article <WhESe.27743$%w.12878@twister.nyc.rr.com>, "AnthonyR" <nomail@nospam.com> wrote:

>"Innocent Bystander" <Finger@Lickin'-Good.com> wrote in message
>> It's

snip

>> "AnthonyR" <nomail@nospam.com> wrote in message
>>> Hey P.Travel,
>>>
>>> sorry to everyone else for off topic.
>>> Can you believe that people behave like animals when they run out of
>>> resources now?
>>> Watching the news about Police being afraid to leave the roof of the
>>> Precinct at night and
>>> people killing each other for food, and these are Americans, imagine if
>>> the world ran out of resources how
>>> fast countries would turn on each other.
>>>
>>> AnthonyR.

Two words "Fuel Cell"

AnthonyR

"GMAN" <glenzabr@xmission.com> wrote in message
> In article <WhESe.27743$%w.12878@twister.nyc.rr.com>, "AnthonyR"
> <nomail@nospam.com> wrote:
>>
>>"Innocent Bystander" <Finger@Lickin'-Good.com> wrote in message
>>> It's
>>

> snip
>>
>>> "AnthonyR" <nomail@nospam.com> wrote in message

> Two words "Fuel Cell"

Hey GMan,
My 12 year old nephew told me, don't worry the government is working ion
"Cold Fusion" the have 12 smart guys working on it
as we speak, lol then he went on to say that it is very expensive to test,
multi billions and the dangers are it will release absolute zero
deep freeze on the planet. Yikes, like the ice age that killed the
dinasaurs?
Kids do have optimism and imagination, but your right, there are other forms
of energy.
I personally think the sun is the answer, it feeds the entire galaxy with
endless energy, at least till it burns out.
:)

Now if they could make solar hats to power our equiptment outdoors and
charge the batteries for indoor lights that would
be great for travelling reporters. :)

AnthonyR.

<kashe@sonic.net> wrote in message

yo.. kashe.. no one really cares.. lighten up..