Remote desktop login and then it immediately logs off

nick

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

As soon as I connnect to the remote desktop, it immediately logs off. I
have all the 'User Rights Assignments' configured, and I have RD turned on.
I also have my user name in the Remote Desktop Users group. What is
happening.
Thanks,
Nick

nick

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Also, if I am logged in to the remote computer, I can connect remotely. If I
am not logged in, I get the problem described below.
"Nick" <naflan@charter.net> wrote in message
> As soon as I connnect to the remote desktop, it immediately logs off. I
> have all the 'User Rights Assignments' configured, and I have RD turned
on.
> I also have my user name in the Remote Desktop Users group. What is
> happening.
> Thanks,
> Nick

Nick <naflan@charter.net> wrote:

> Also, if I am logged in to the remote computer, I can connect
> remotely. If I am not logged in, I get the problem described below.
> "Nick" <naflan@charter.net> wrote in message
>> As soon as I connnect to the remote desktop, it immediately logs
>> off. I have all the 'User Rights Assignments' configured, and I
>> have RD turned on. I also have my user name in the Remote Desktop
>> Users group.

On the remote PC that you are trying to connect to by Remote Desktop, you
need to update the drivers for your video card.

--
Robin Walker [MVP Networking]
rdhw@cam.ac.uk

nick

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Thanks for the reply. I have an abit GF4 Ti4200 video card. I got the latest
drivers from their web site - issued 3/1/04, version 56.56, but I still have
the same problem. My system has been recently reinstalled. Remote Desktop
worked before the reinstall. The weird thing is that it works if the user
logs onto the host and then does a 'switch user'.

Nick

"Robin Walker [MVP]" <rdhw@cam.ac.uk> wrote in message
> Nick <naflan@charter.net> wrote:
>
> > Also, if I am logged in to the remote computer, I can connect
> > remotely. If I am not logged in, I get the problem described below.
> > "Nick" <naflan@charter.net> wrote in message
> >> As soon as I connnect to the remote desktop, it immediately logs
> >> off. I have all the 'User Rights Assignments' configured, and I
> >> have RD turned on. I also have my user name in the Remote Desktop
> >> Users group.
>
> On the remote PC that you are trying to connect to by Remote Desktop, you
> need to update the drivers for your video card.
>
> --
> Robin Walker [MVP Networking]
> rdhw@cam.ac.uk

nick

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Robin, I just updated with drivers from Microsoft and problem solved.
Thank you much!
Nick