Closed Solved

Change 64 bit to 32 bit ?

Hello,
i have a dos program that is use for business and when i bought a new acer pc with win7 home, , i try to use the program it wont work, it ask me change window to 32 bit, that program worked fine on xp and all other os before i have the program over 16 years. till win7 , so i like to know how to change window 7 to 32 bit from 64
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about change
  1. What is the program called? There may be a way to get it working by using virtual PC software.

The only way to go from 64bit to 32bit is by doing a clean installation of Windows with a 32bit install disc. Since you bought the laptop with Windows pre-loaded, chances are you don't have any install media, so you'll then have to buy another copy of Windows.
  2. Best answer
    You can try running it under DOSBox. 64 Bit OS's can run 32 bit programs. I have a feeling that DOS program you have is 16 bit.
  3. interesting..
  4. Check out this site. It has some great information and troubleshooting tips that will help you with your question!

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/32-bit-and-64-bit-Windows-frequently-asked-questions

I hope this helps!

Brett M,
    Windows Outreach Team
  5. Best answer selected by mousemonkey.
  6. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Windows 7