I have a win 98 server running an electrical monitoring application that
cannot be ugraded to another O/S. I have another server running XP that runs
another electrical monitoring app. Can I use terminal services on the XP
server to connect to the app running on the win98 server without using a
product such as PC Anywhere?

As Robin noted, you can't do that. A free alternative is UltraVNC. Get the
server, client and encryption plug-in from...

http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net/

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

benefit of all of us...
rights...

"Win98 and Terminal Services" <Win98 and Terminal
Services@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a win 98 server running an electrical monitoring application that
> cannot be ugraded to another O/S. I have another server running XP that
> runs
> another electrical monitoring app. Can I use terminal services on the XP
> server to connect to the app running on the win98 server without using a
> product such as PC Anywhere?

Win98 and Terminal Services <Win98 and Terminal
Services@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I have a win 98 server running an electrical monitoring application
> that cannot be ugraded to another O/S. I have another server running
> XP that runs another electrical monitoring app. Can I use terminal
> services on the XP server to connect to the app running on the win98
> server without using a product such as PC Anywhere?

No.

--
Robin Walker [MVP Networking]
rdhw@cam.ac.uk