Wireless vnc question

Downloaded realVNC and all works well on LAN. Problem I'm having is
with wireless laptop. I receive real time data that produce's a slow
moving chart on my main p4 tower and when viewed with my wireless
laptop, works well for about two minutes and just stops without any
message. I end up looking at a frozen image waiting for it to move. I
have the latest router firmware etc and wonder if there is a setting
I'm missing. Any help please, David...

Chuck

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001

denglish48060@gmail.com wrote:
> Downloaded realVNC and all works well on LAN. Problem I'm having is
> with wireless laptop. I receive real time data that produce's a slow
> moving chart on my main p4 tower and when viewed with my wireless
> laptop, works well for about two minutes and just stops without any
> message. I end up looking at a frozen image waiting for it to move. I
> have the latest router firmware etc and wonder if there is a setting
> I'm missing. Any help please, David...

You may need to tweak the "capture method" settings on the server. This
URL explains what all the settings mean. HTH.

http://www.realvnc.com/products/free/4.1/winvnc.html#Hooks

--
To reply by email remove "_nospam"

Thanks Chuck, The two other options than Use VNC Hooks are Poll for
Changes to Desktop and Capture Alpha Blended Windows. Being that I'm
using a faily simple set up, do you have any suggestions between the
two. Not quite sure of terminology...

Check the Poll for Changes to Desktop, and doesn't freeze anymore but
will disappear from the desktop without any message after approx 5
mins. Could this be a wireless problem?