most popular cs version 1.5 or 1.6?

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I visited counter-strike.net to find the latest updates/patches/maps,
and found their update wizard:
http://www.counter-strike.net/downloadcs.html. However, when I
finally got to the download links, they were for 1.5 (no 1.6).

Does anyone know what percentage of CS players are playing 1.6? Does
anyone know what percentage of CS servers are running 1.6?

Thanks

"Bob" <bpreis@gmail.com> skrev i meddelandet
> I visited counter-strike.net to find the latest updates/patches/maps,
> and found their update wizard:
> http://www.counter-strike.net/downloadcs.html. However, when I
> finally got to the download links, they were for 1.5 (no 1.6).
>
> Does anyone know what percentage of CS players are playing 1.6? Does
> anyone know what percentage of CS servers are running 1.6?
>
> Thanks

CS 1.6 Servers 29124 Players 71126

CS 1.5 Servers 47 Players 30

Sourse http://search.hlsw.org/

Note, to play CS 1.6 and/or 1.5 online, you have to use Steam.

about 99% are 1.6

--
From Adam Webb, Overlag
"Bob" <bpreis@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I visited counter-strike.net to find the latest updates/patches/maps,
> and found their update wizard:
> http://www.counter-strike.net/downloadcs.html. However, when I
> finally got to the download links, they were for 1.5 (no 1.6).
>
> Does anyone know what percentage of CS players are playing 1.6? Does
> anyone know what percentage of CS servers are running 1.6?
>
> Thanks

---

Boogieman

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2004

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 18:57:31 GMT, Wobin_Hood wrote:

> Note, to play CS 1.6 and/or 1.5 online, you have to use Steam.

Not if you use cracked (no-steam) version of CS
But you must play on non-steam servers

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Thanks. Looks like I'll be playing 1.6.

Will Steam update me to 1.6 from a fresh CS retail installation? Or
do I need to download 1.5 first, and then run steam to complete the
1.6 update? Thanks.

"Wobin_Hood" <hodd_mimer@removethisyahoo.se> wrote in message news:<v6_4d.104096$dP1.378954@newsc.telia.net>...
> "Bob" <bpreis@gmail.com> skrev i meddelandet
> > I visited counter-strike.net to find the latest updates/patches/maps,
> > and found their update wizard:
> > http://www.counter-strike.net/downloadcs.html. However, when I
> > finally got to the download links, they were for 1.5 (no 1.6).
> >
> > Does anyone know what percentage of CS players are playing 1.6? Does
> > anyone know what percentage of CS servers are running 1.6?
> >
> > Thanks
>
> CS 1.6 Servers 29124 Players 71126
>
> CS 1.5 Servers 47 Players 30
>
> Sourse http://search.hlsw.org/
>
> Note, to play CS 1.6 and/or 1.5 online, you have to use Steam.

just download steam.

or get the latest PCgamer DVD, that had the full install for me

--
From Adam Webb, Overlag