How do I get sound through remote desktop

Guys,

I'm currently using remote desktop to connect from my laptop to pc and can't
hear sound generated on the remote computer. This previously worked and I'm
unsure why it's stopped working.

Remote computer sound is set to bring to this computer and the RDP driver is
selected on the remote computer.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Matt

Sometimes starting the application on the remote PC that you want to use
sound with before the RDP session works...

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

benefit of all of us...
rights...

"Matt Adamson" <Adamson_Matthew@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Guys,
>
> I'm currently using remote desktop to connect from my laptop to pc and
> can't hear sound generated on the remote computer. This previously worked
> and I'm unsure why it's stopped working.
>
> Remote computer sound is set to bring to this computer and the RDP driver
> is selected on the remote computer.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Cheers
>
> Matt

I tried this with no success, any other ideas?
> Sometimes starting the application on the remote PC that you want to use
> sound with before the RDP session works...
>
> --
>
> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

> benefit of all of us...
> rights...
>

> "Matt Adamson" <Adamson_Matthew@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Guys,
>>
>> I'm currently using remote desktop to connect from my laptop to pc and
>> can't hear sound generated on the remote computer. This previously worked
>> and I'm unsure why it's stopped working.
>>
>> Remote computer sound is set to bring to this computer and the RDP driver
>> is selected on the remote computer.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Matt

Try opening UDP Port 3389 if the PC your connecting to and need sound from
is behind a firewall. Beyond that I have no idea...Sorry...

--

>I tried this with no success, any other ideas?
> "Sooner Al [MVP]" <SoonerAl@somewhere.net.invalid> wrote in message
>> Sometimes starting the application on the remote PC that you want to use
>> sound with before the RDP session works...
>>
>> --
>>
>> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

>> benefit of all of us...
>> rights...
>>

>> "Matt Adamson" <Adamson_Matthew@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Guys,
>>>
>>> I'm currently using remote desktop to connect from my laptop to pc and
>>> can't hear sound generated on the remote computer. This previously
>>> worked and I'm unsure why it's stopped working.
>>>
>>> Remote computer sound is set to bring to this computer and the RDP
>>> driver is selected on the remote computer.
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>>
>>> Matt

Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

Have you configured the Options in remote desktop? Click on options, local
resources, remote computer sound, and then select "bring to this computer".
That should do it.

"Sooner Al [MVP]" wrote:

> Try opening UDP Port 3389 if the PC your connecting to and need sound from
> is behind a firewall. Beyond that I have no idea...Sorry...
>
> --
>
> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

> benefit of all of us...
> rights...
>

> "Matt Adamson" <Adamson_Matthew@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >I tried this with no success, any other ideas?
> > "Sooner Al [MVP]" <SoonerAl@somewhere.net.invalid> wrote in message
> >> Sometimes starting the application on the remote PC that you want to use
> >> sound with before the RDP session works...
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)
> >>
> >> Please post *ALL* questions and replies to the news group for the mutual
> >> benefit of all of us...
> >> The MS-MVP Program - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
> >> rights...
> >>

> >> "Matt Adamson" <Adamson_Matthew@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Yes that's enabled and there is no firewall on the machine.
"Phil" <Phil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Have you configured the Options in remote desktop? Click on options, local
> resources, remote computer sound, and then select "bring to this
> computer".
> That should do it.
>
> "Sooner Al [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Try opening UDP Port 3389 if the PC your connecting to and need sound
>> from
>> is behind a firewall. Beyond that I have no idea...Sorry...
>>
>> --
>>
>> Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

>> benefit of all of us...
>> rights...
>>

>> "Matt Adamson" <Adamson_Matthew@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> >I tried this with no success, any other ideas?
>> > "Sooner Al [MVP]" <SoonerAl@somewhere.net.invalid> wrote in message

Anyone else have any ideas?

Should I submit a bug report to microsoft and if so how?