Is it possible to Remote into a Windows 2000 workstation

July 22, 2005 2:05:02 PM

I want to know there are any snap ins or software that will enable me to
connect to a windows 2000 workstation desktop from a server or another
workstation?
Anonymous
July 22, 2005 6:36:27 PM

sherman wrote:
> I want to know there are any snap ins or software that will enable me
> to connect to a windows 2000 workstation desktop from a server or
> another workstation?

Only third party software..
UltraVNC is a good one to consider.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

"" wrote:
> I want to know there are any snap ins or software that will
> enable me to
> connect to a windows 2000 workstation desktop from a server or
> another
> workstation?

Yes, well you have your RealVNC, your TightVNC and Ulr@VNC, it’s
realy up to personal prefrance which you use.

Real: http://www.realvnc.com/
Ultr@: http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net/
Tight: http://www.tightvnc.com/

But Ultr@ is the only one that offers encyption for free.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Work-Remotely-Remote-Windo...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1318673
July 25, 2005 11:44:01 PM

I believe you can turn on Terminal Services on 2000 allowing a remote desktop
connection without installing any third party software.

"Sparda" wrote:

> "" wrote:
> > I want to know there are any snap ins or software that will
> > enable me to
> > connect to a windows 2000 workstation desktop from a server or
> > another
> > workstation?
>
> Yes, well you have your RealVNC, your TightVNC and Ulr@VNC, it’s
> realy up to personal prefrance which you use.
>
> Real: http://www.realvnc.com/
> Ultr@: http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net/
> Tight: http://www.tightvnc.com/
>
> But Ultr@ is the only one that offers encyption for free.

> Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Work-Remotely-Remote-Windo...
> Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1318673

Anonymous
July 26, 2005 2:10:27 AM

Jangles2005 wrote:
> I believe you can turn on Terminal Services on 2000 allowing a remote
> desktop connection without installing any third party software.

Not workstation.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Thanks for reminding me gotta keep me honest sometimes. I know Dameware is
not free, but its worth checking out as well.

http://www.dameware.com/downloads/default.aspx#DNTU