Is it possible to Remote into a Windows 2000 workstation

I want to know there are any snap ins or software that will enable me to
connect to a windows 2000 workstation desktop from a server or another
workstation?
5 answers Last reply
More about remote windows 2000 workstation

    sherman wrote:
    > I want to know there are any snap ins or software that will enable me
    > to connect to a windows 2000 workstation desktop from a server or
    > another workstation?

    Only third party software..
    UltraVNC is a good one to consider.

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP

    "" wrote:
    > I want to know there are any snap ins or software that will
    > enable me to
    > connect to a windows 2000 workstation desktop from a server or
    > another
    > workstation?

    Yes, well you have your RealVNC, your TightVNC and Ulr@VNC, it’s
    realy up to personal prefrance which you use.

    Real: http://www.realvnc.com/
    Ultr@: http://ultravnc.sourceforge.net/
    Tight: http://www.tightvnc.com/

    But Ultr@ is the only one that offers encyption for free.

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Work-Remotely-Remote-Windows-2000-station-ftopict399284.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1318673

    I believe you can turn on Terminal Services on 2000 allowing a remote desktop
    connection without installing any third party software.

    Jangles2005 wrote:
    > I believe you can turn on Terminal Services on 2000 allowing a remote
    > desktop connection without installing any third party software.

    Not workstation.

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP

    Thanks for reminding me gotta keep me honest sometimes. I know Dameware is
    not free, but its worth checking out as well.

    http://www.dameware.com/downloads/default.aspx#DNTU

    "Shenan Stanley" wrote:

    > Jangles2005 wrote:
    > > I believe you can turn on Terminal Services on 2000 allowing a remote
    > > desktop connection without installing any third party software.
    >
    > Not workstation.
    >
    > --
    > Shenan Stanley
    > MS-MVP
    > --
    > How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Windows 2000 Workstations Microsoft Windows XP