Can't connect w/Remote Desktop if not already logged into ..

Tags:
  • Remote Desktop
  • Connection
  • Windows XP
July 26, 2005 2:43:56 AM

I've got RDC setup on my home computer and access it regularly, however,
I've noticed that if I'm not already logged in at home I'm unable to
login from a remote machine I get an error saying it can't connect. Is
there a service somewhere that isn't enabled? What could be blocking me
from logging in from a remote computer after a system reboot for example?

I've tried with both the regular mstsc command and also with the
/console switch.

Thanks,
Sufian

More about : connect remote desktop logged

Anonymous
July 26, 2005 5:48:12 PM

Sufian <nospam@thank.you> wrote:

> I've got RDC setup on my home computer and access it regularly,
> however, I've noticed that if I'm not already logged in at home I'm
> unable to login from a remote machine

Try updating the video drivers on the "home computer" to the latest versions
from the manufacturer's web site.

--
Robin Walker [MVP Networking]
rdhw@cam.ac.uk

That worked, Thanks :)

"Robin Walker [MVP]" <rdhw@cam.ac.uk> wrote in message
news:D c5beh$s4e$1@gemini.csx.cam.ac.uk...
> Sufian <nospam@thank.you> wrote:
>
>> I've got RDC setup on my home computer and access it regularly,
>> however, I've noticed that if I'm not already logged in at home I'm
>> unable to login from a remote machine
>
> Try updating the video drivers on the "home computer" to the latest
> versions from the manufacturer's web site.
>
> --
> Robin Walker [MVP Networking]
> rdhw@cam.ac.uk

shipping