is it normal for this little camera to take very blurred pictures of close
range objects such as rings for instance? we're talking about a distance of
say 20cm from object.

thank you for any info.

--
<Please remove the spam protection if emailing me>

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 20:23:47 -0400, "tiktak"
<hikoryERASETHISPART@gmail.com> wrote:

>is it normal for this little camera to take very blurred pictures of close
>range objects such as rings for instance? we're talking about a distance of
>say 20cm from object.

Only if it's not set for Macrovision. Look for an icon that looks
like a flower and set that, that is Macrovision for close up view. If
you still get blurry image in Macrovision mode, your camera could be
defective or something.

I've taken closeups as close as 5cm from object with no problem.

<Please remove the spam protection if emailing me through newsgroups>

"Impmon" <impmon@digi.mon> wrote in message
> On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 20:23:47 -0400, "tiktak"
> <hikoryERASETHISPART@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>is it normal for this little camera to take very blurred pictures of close
>>range objects such as rings for instance? we're talking about a distance
>>of
>>say 20cm from object.
>
> Only if it's not set for Macrovision. Look for an icon that looks
> like a flower and set that, that is Macrovision for close up view. If
> you still get blurry image in Macrovision mode, your camera could be
> defective or something.
>
> I've taken closeups as close as 5cm from object with no problem.
> --
> When you hear the toilet flush, and hear the words "uh oh", it's already
> too late. - by anonymous Mother in Austin, TX
> To reply, replace digi.mon with phreaker.net

thanks for the info. I assume when you say about taking pictures at close
range, you are not implying with same camera model as mine, or that you have
this camera.

I'm afraid, although I like 1.3mp cameras, and do not think I need anything
of better quality, this one appears to be on the older technology side, and
I see no flowers either next to any buttons or in any menus. but do remmeber
something like this in my last 3.2mp olympus, that just died on us recently.

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 22:56:01 -0400, "tiktak"
<hikoryERASETHISPART@gmail.com> wrote:

>thanks for the info. I assume when you say about taking pictures at close
>range, you are not implying with same camera model as mine, or that you have
>this camera.

No I don't have the camera like yours. Almost all makes used the
flower icon for macro mode and since you didn't have that, chances are
you can't take close up.

I didn't realize your camera was an older model, I should have checked
the model before assuming your camera was new.

> On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 22:56:01 -0400, "tiktak"
> <hikoryERASETHISPART@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>thanks for the info. I assume when you say about taking pictures at close
>>range, you are not implying with same camera model as mine, or that you
>>have
>>this camera.
>
> No I don't have the camera like yours. Almost all makes used the
> flower icon for macro mode and since you didn't have that, chances are
> you can't take close up.
>
> I didn't realize your camera was an older model, I should have checked
> the model before assuming your camera was new.
> --
> When you hear the toilet flush, and hear the words "uh oh", it's already
> too late. - by anonymous Mother in Austin, TX

no problem. it's all good... I thank you for your time and comments!

regards.

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 20:23:47 -0400, "tiktak"
<hikoryERASETHISPART@gmail.com> wrote:

>is it normal for this little camera to take very blurred pictures of close
>range objects such as rings for instance? we're talking about a distance of
>say 20cm from object.
>
>thank you for any info.

According to the specs focal distances are:

wide: 2.5ft (75cm) to infinity
tele: 4.9ft (1.5m) to infinity
macro: 0.8ft (25cm)

Enter macro mode by moving the slide switch to Setup, press left/right
buttons to highlight capture options. Use up/down to highlight Macro,
press Select. Highlight the desired setting, press Select. Return the
slide switch to Capture.

HTH,
Bill

"Bill M" <bwmeck@removethis.starpower.net> wrote in message
> On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 20:23:47 -0400, "tiktak"
> <hikoryERASETHISPART@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>is it normal for this little camera to take very blurred pictures of close
>>range objects such as rings for instance? we're talking about a distance
>>of
>>say 20cm from object.
>>
>>thank you for any info.
>
> According to the specs focal distances are:
>
> wide: 2.5ft (75cm) to infinity
> tele: 4.9ft (1.5m) to infinity
> macro: 0.8ft (25cm)
>
> Enter macro mode by moving the slide switch to Setup, press left/right
> buttons to highlight capture options. Use up/down to highlight Macro,
> press Select. Highlight the desired setting, press Select. Return the
> slide switch to Capture.
>
> HTH,
> Bill

great! thank you! this works better, I really just did not know the option
was there.

it is still sad that once set to ON, the settings is reset to OFF everytime
there is power off of the camera! these old cameras have their good sides,
but I think the bad points just tip the scale the other way. maybe it is
time to upgrade.

thanks for this info.