How to connect to an SQL Server Remotely

July 27, 2005 2:35:56 AM

Hi! I hope somebody can help me on this.

I build an application from VB and MS SQL Server. I want to access the
server from a different location via the internet. I have an ordinary
D-Link router (dont know what the model is) connected to a 2GB DSL
Internet connection.

Somebody told me that the server needs to have a fixed IP address for
the application to connect. All I need is an SQL connection with the
server.

So if anybody of you got any ideas on this, pleaseeeeeeeeeee do reply
on this posting. Thanks

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Work-Remotely-connect-SQL-...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1323814

More about : connect sql server remotely

Anonymous
July 27, 2005 2:35:57 AM

You'll need to port forward TCP port 1433 and UDP port 1434 to the static IP
address of your SQL server.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional