Remote desktop by web?

hi all,

I am as many others not able to connect to my pc at home by remote
desktop service because I am behind a corporate/company firewall.
I've read dosens of topics about this subject to make a work around, so
man can connect at home eventually. But none is working.

I was wondering if there's a way to login remotely by some (other)
website? Since I do have connection to the internet, I can goto each
page I want. I think I'm not inventing the wheel here...

Thus the website moreless translates the RDP session to the port 80 of
my work computer, just as if I was browsing that page.

Any ideas?

Ron.
2 answers Last reply
More about remote desktop

    Setup your RDP to listen on port 80.
    That way you can get to it directly from your office PC.

    How to change the port RDP listens on
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306759

    --

    Regards
    Mark Dormer

    "Ron" <wablief@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > hi all,
    >
    > I am as many others not able to connect to my pc at home by remote
    > desktop service because I am behind a corporate/company firewall.
    > I've read dosens of topics about this subject to make a work around, so
    > man can connect at home eventually. But none is working.
    >
    > I was wondering if there's a way to login remotely by some (other)
    > website? Since I do have connection to the internet, I can goto each
    > page I want. I think I'm not inventing the wheel here...
    >
    > Thus the website moreless translates the RDP session to the port 80 of
    > my work computer, just as if I was browsing that page.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Ron.

    I had the same problem. To solve it I had to set up NAT on my router. At one
    my locations we have a cisco 2710 with extra external IPs so I just routed
    everything for the extra external IP to my workstation. At my other 2
    locations, I had 2 PCs that needed access remotely, but only had a cheap
    ZyXEL router with only 1 IP for everyone. Here I had route port 3389 to the
    first pc's internal ip address and then route port 3390 (changed the port in
    the registry) to the second pc's internal ip address.

    Now to access it over the web you need to install TSWeb and IIS on the PC.
    Again you will have the same port issues. You will need to change the port
    on IIS to something other than 80 if your PC does not have a dedicated
    external IP. If it is a shared IP and you try to access the IP it will pull
    up the router's web interface or nothing at all on port 80.

    How to change the port RDP listens on
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306759

    -Jody

    "Ron" <wablief@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > hi all,
    >
    > I am as many others not able to connect to my pc at home by remote
    > desktop service because I am behind a corporate/company firewall.
    > I've read dosens of topics about this subject to make a work around, so
    > man can connect at home eventually. But none is working.
    >
    > I was wondering if there's a way to login remotely by some (other)
    > website? Since I do have connection to the internet, I can goto each
    > page I want. I think I'm not inventing the wheel here...
    >
    > Thus the website moreless translates the RDP session to the port 80 of
    > my work computer, just as if I was browsing that page.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Ron.

Remote Desktop Connection Windows XP