Ron

hi all,

I am as many others not able to connect to my pc at home by remote
desktop service because I am behind a corporate/company firewall.
I've read dosens of topics about this subject to make a work around, so
man can connect at home eventually. But none is working.

I was wondering if there's a way to login remotely by some (other)
website? Since I do have connection to the internet, I can goto each
page I want. I think I'm not inventing the wheel here...

Thus the website moreless translates the RDP session to the port 80 of
my work computer, just as if I was browsing that page.

Any ideas?

Ron.

Setup your RDP to listen on port 80.
That way you can get to it directly from your office PC.

How to change the port RDP listens on
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306759

--

Regards
Mark Dormer

"Ron" <wablief@gmail.com> wrote in message
> hi all,
>
> I am as many others not able to connect to my pc at home by remote
> desktop service because I am behind a corporate/company firewall.
> I've read dosens of topics about this subject to make a work around, so
> man can connect at home eventually. But none is working.
>
> I was wondering if there's a way to login remotely by some (other)
> website? Since I do have connection to the internet, I can goto each
> page I want. I think I'm not inventing the wheel here...
>
> Thus the website moreless translates the RDP session to the port 80 of
> my work computer, just as if I was browsing that page.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Ron.

I had the same problem. To solve it I had to set up NAT on my router. At one
my locations we have a cisco 2710 with extra external IPs so I just routed
everything for the extra external IP to my workstation. At my other 2
locations, I had 2 PCs that needed access remotely, but only had a cheap
ZyXEL router with only 1 IP for everyone. Here I had route port 3389 to the
first pc's internal ip address and then route port 3390 (changed the port in
the registry) to the second pc's internal ip address.

Now to access it over the web you need to install TSWeb and IIS on the PC.
Again you will have the same port issues. You will need to change the port
on IIS to something other than 80 if your PC does not have a dedicated
external IP. If it is a shared IP and you try to access the IP it will pull
up the router's web interface or nothing at all on port 80.

How to change the port RDP listens on
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306759

-Jody