HP-5550 Print Preview Problem

When getting a Print Preview (using either Photoshop or Paintshop Pro)
of a Greyscale Photo that I've scanned and retouched, the Preview
Panel Is; A-not showing the entire photograph & B-showing a 'ladder
line' of distortion down the centre. I've sent this info (with pics)
to HP ten days ago, but have not received a reply. I've totally
uninstalled the HP software and reinstalled, but the problem persists.
Has anyone ever had this problem? I'm using Windows ME and am
starting to wonder if it is something in the OS, given the problem
appears using two different software suites. Any suggestions would be
appreciated. (The picture prints OK, but I'd prefer seeing the whole
thing prior to printing.)

It's all O.K. in XP using PSP8 whether I use a greyscaled edited colour image
and/or select greyscale in the driver or any combination of colour/greyscale.

"E. Barry Bruyea" <snow@drift.ca> wrote in message
> When getting a Print Preview (using either Photoshop or Paintshop Pro)
> of a Greyscale Photo that I've scanned and retouched, the Preview
> Panel Is; A-not showing the entire photograph & B-showing a 'ladder
> line' of distortion down the centre. I've sent this info (with pics)
> to HP ten days ago, but have not received a reply. I've totally
> uninstalled the HP software and reinstalled, but the problem persists.
> Has anyone ever had this problem? I'm using Windows ME and am
> starting to wonder if it is something in the OS, given the problem
> appears using two different software suites. Any suggestions would be
> appreciated. (The picture prints OK, but I'd prefer seeing the whole
> thing prior to printing.)

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 18:38:47 +0100, "Steve B"
<sbrads@nildramDOTcoDOTuk> wrote:

>It's all O.K. in XP using PSP8 whether I use a greyscaled edited colour image
>and/or select greyscale in the driver or any combination of colour/greyscale.

What exactly is OK? The fact I can't see the whole picture? Then one
has to ask, what's the point of a 'print preview'?

>"E. Barry Bruyea" <snow@drift.ca> wrote in message
>> When getting a Print Preview (using either Photoshop or Paintshop Pro)
>> of a Greyscale Photo that I've scanned and retouched, the Preview
>> Panel Is; A-not showing the entire photograph & B-showing a 'ladder
>> line' of distortion down the centre. I've sent this info (with pics)
>> to HP ten days ago, but have not received a reply. I've totally
>> uninstalled the HP software and reinstalled, but the problem persists.
>> Has anyone ever had this problem? I'm using Windows ME and am
>> starting to wonder if it is something in the OS, given the problem
>> appears using two different software suites. Any suggestions would be
>> appreciated. (The picture prints OK, but I'd prefer seeing the whole
>> thing prior to printing.)

I meant it's all OK on my computer. No weird things happening at all. My guess
is your ME is screwed.

> On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 18:38:47 +0100, "Steve B"
> <sbrads@nildramDOTcoDOTuk> wrote:
>
> >It's all O.K. in XP using PSP8 whether I use a greyscaled edited colour image
> >and/or select greyscale in the driver or any combination of colour/greyscale.
>
> What exactly is OK? The fact I can't see the whole picture? Then one
> has to ask, what's the point of a 'print preview'?
>

> >"E. Barry Bruyea" <snow@drift.ca> wrote in message
> >> When getting a Print Preview (using either Photoshop or Paintshop Pro)
> >> of a Greyscale Photo that I've scanned and retouched, the Preview
> >> Panel Is; A-not showing the entire photograph & B-showing a 'ladder
> >> line' of distortion down the centre. I've sent this info (with pics)
> >> to HP ten days ago, but have not received a reply. I've totally
> >> uninstalled the HP software and reinstalled, but the problem persists.
> >> Has anyone ever had this problem? I'm using Windows ME and am
> >> starting to wonder if it is something in the OS, given the problem
> >> appears using two different software suites. Any suggestions would be
> >> appreciated. (The picture prints OK, but I'd prefer seeing the whole
> >> thing prior to printing.)

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 18:05:55 +0100, "Steve B"
<sbrads@nildramDOTcoDOTuk> wrote:

>I meant it's all OK on my computer. No weird things happening at all. My guess
>is your ME is screwed.

I'm beginning to think that way. Big surprise yesterday, after two
weeks I finally got a reply from HP. I've sent them a picture of the
print preview screen and told them all the steps I've taken. We'll
see what happens.