accessing the desktop on another computer

I have two computers both have XP Home- one connects to the router via
wireless the other via cable. How can I see the desktop of the remote
computer so that I can access programmes on the remote computer? I can see
shared files OK between the two but I cant get beyond that.
3 answers Last reply
More about accessing desktop computer

    Rog wrote:
    > I have two computers both have XP Home- one connects to the router via
    > wireless the other via cable. How can I see the desktop of the remote
    > computer so that I can access programmes on the remote computer? I
    > can see shared files OK between the two but I cant get beyond that.

    XP Home only has Remote Assistance - meaning someone must be on the other
    computer to accept a request to assist.
    You could install something similar to UltraVNC, however.

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP

    You won't be able to do that with XP Home. You need XP Pro OS or some other
    program such as UltraVNC.

    "Rog" <Rog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have two computers both have XP Home- one connects to the router via
    > wireless the other via cable. How can I see the desktop of the remote
    > computer so that I can access programmes on the remote computer? I can
    > see
    > shared files OK between the two but I cant get beyond that.

    Thanks
    I will load UltraVNC and see how I get on!

    "Shenan Stanley" wrote:

    > Rog wrote:
    > > I have two computers both have XP Home- one connects to the router via
    > > wireless the other via cable. How can I see the desktop of the remote
    > > computer so that I can access programmes on the remote computer? I
    > > can see shared files OK between the two but I cant get beyond that.
    >
    > XP Home only has Remote Assistance - meaning someone must be on the other
    > computer to accept a request to assist.
    > You could install something similar to UltraVNC, however.
    >
    > --
    > Shenan Stanley
    > MS-MVP
    > --